Senior Accountant, Senior Associate
Posted on: August 1, 2022
Job Description Who we are looking for The Accounting team is
seeking a highly committed, technically sound and organized Sr.
Accountant that is detail oriented, to support the monthly invoice
process, monthly close and ad hoc requests/projects. At Charles
River Development we achieve this through effectively engaging with
our leaders and colleagues to understand our broad strategy,
analyzing data, and delivering insights to help drive CRD's current
and future performance. Why this role is important to us The team
you will be joining is a part of Charles River Development (or
CRD), that became a part of State Street in 2018. CRD helps create
enterprise investment management software solutions for large
institutions in the areas of institutional investment, wealth
management and hedge funds. Together we have created first open
front-to-back platform - State Street Alpha, that was launched in
2019.Join us if delivering next generation infrastructure, using
emerging technologies like AI and Blockchain sounds like a
challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for The role
will involve understanding both financial and operational aspects
of the business with the successful candidate being able to follow
and update procedures. There will be opportunities to analyze and
provide concise insights to both members of the team and business
partners. As the Sr. Accountant you will
- Prepare monthly client billing ensuring proper, accurate and
timely invoice preparation and the resolution of discrepancies for
multiple entities in multi currencies
- Provide support and book necessary revenue entries for the
- Responsible for properly recording foreign currency
- Prepare select balance sheet and revenue account analysis and
- Prepare year end schedules and support for internal and
- Review data ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting
policies and procedures
- Maintain accounting system data
- Utilize current documentation and tools/methodologies,
recommend new solutions to improve/automate existing and processes
and support new initiatives
- Build strong relationships and coordinate with peers, other
business groups and leaders across the enterprise and develop a
detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and
- Investigate and recommend revisions to accounting procedures
and systems to satisfy process improvement initiatives
- Other duties as warranted. Requirements and Recommendations
- A BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Accounting or
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressively responsible experience
in corporate accounting, billing and/or accounts receivable
- Experience in a software company preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the
demonstrated ability to provide clear and professional
communications with internal and external individuals including
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong desire to provide outstanding customer service.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous priorities.
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to achieve results without close supervision.
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently and
also has the strong desire to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated practical, hands-on, "can-do" approach, and the
ability to work efficiently and creatively.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with ERP systems required. Great Plains experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
- Travel not likely to be required.
- Flexibility with schedule and ability to work beyond regular
business hours. About State Street What we do. State Street is one
of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset
intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product
innovation we're making our mark on the financial services
industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our
clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of
people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics,
investment research & trading and investment management to
institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to
create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are
competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you
may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among
other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help
you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and
educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe
our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are
a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where
everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding
value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome
the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental
value at State Street is active engagement with our communities
around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have
tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid
volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee
networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. State
Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers This employer is a
corporate member of
myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+
students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace
Keywords: myGwork, Burlington , Senior Accountant, Senior Associate, Accounting, Auditing , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!