Sr Platform Engineer
Posted on: February 16, 2021
Job Overview:Covance is recruiting a Sr Platform Engineer for a
dynamic team in either Princeton, NJ, Indianapolis, IN or North
Carolina. Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your
extraordinary potential at Covance. Here, you'll have the
opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference
in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view.
With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an
energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey
with mentoring, training and personalized development
- Senior role on team responsible for daily tasks, 3rd level
escalations, project planning, tools and services.
- Leads by example and demonstrates leadership in Enterprise
Client Computing Operations
- Provide timely reports and metrics on requests and
- Provide guidance and direction and ensures as lead each
operations administrator / engineer is on track with workload /
- Provide guidance and direction on overall IT strategy----
- Provide technical assistance in the construction and
maintenance of a corporate standard desktop image.
- Oversee the maintenance of the corporate image as hardware
changes occur ensuring no incompatibilities.
- Provide technical assistance based on the research of current
software and operating system service packs, patches, updates and
fixes for desktops. Make recommendations based upon the severity,
critical need and implications to environment and supported
- Assist in the planning and implementation of remote software
deployment to customer's desktop computers via Active Directory,
login scripts or other 3rd party remote management tools with
minimal disruption to the customer.
- Utilize scripting, batch files and 3rd party software to create
software packages for unattended installation.
- Investigate and propose new technologies and techniques for
both hardware and software to improve customer efficiency, security
- Ensure all new and proposed software is tested with existing
desktop image prior to deployment.
- Engineer solutions to common desktop problems & Not so
- Work with project managers on global projects with a focus on
technical design, risk assessment, costs, timing and benefits.
- Provide desktop management automation through scripting to
provide consistent and predictable services.
- Execute queries against the SCCM Database searching for
- Install, customize, maintain, test, and troubleshoot operating
systems and other systems software.
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service
interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems.
- Excellent Client Focus and understanding of client needs
- Excellent Communicator with the ability to translate technical
terms into layman's terms.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via
phone, and electronically through the ticket system, remote
control, and email
- Be willing to work outside of the standard business hours as
- Build Server administration and Image Management
- Manage IT Department documentation and Engineering notes
- Active Directory support and administration
- Windows 7/10 Enterprise/ Microsoft Application Support
- Solid understanding of--Office 2010/16 and O365.
- VPN Account Setup and Support
- Desktop Security & Privilege Manager administration
- Anti-Virus Management and Support
- Follow direction from IT leadership on overall IT system
- Work with business subject matter experts and key stakeholders
to successfully integrate their solutions and objectives.
- Utilize established system guidelines and policies to integrate
SPD (Special Purpose Devices) into the corporate
- Architect PC based solutions for standalone SPD
implementations, or for the SPD component of larger systems.
- Engineer technical solutions which meet architectural designs
for SPD PCs.
- Design and implement--automation--as required to address system
- Create detailed technical documentation for SPD solutions.
- Create detailed instructions for the implementation of SPD
- Provide direction to business partners for the utilization of
parallel or higher level processes (TSR, ASR, etc.).
- Provide support services to established SPD solutions.
- Work with internal and external resources to document system
use case specifications.
- Create and maintain ITSM process for users to access SPD
- Identify opportunities and deliver solutions for system
enhancements which address a business need, lower risk, or improve
- Develop and maintain Active Directory organization for
- Develop and maintain SCCM collections for SPDs.
- Develop and maintain security (endpoint AV/firewall)
configurations for SPDs.
- Enforce the least access privilege model by creating and
managing elevation rules.
- Lead the ITIL service lifecycle for SPD Configuration
Management as well as other service items (like Small
Instrumentation Access service) designed to support
- 4 Year Degree or equivalent experience in Information
TechnologyMCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer / MCITP -
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (Nice to Have) Experience:
10 years of experience with advanced
Windows 10 knowledge, on both physical and virtual platformsGood
knowledge of Windows File, Registry and folder security, local /
domain users security and operating system trouble-shooting.
Familiarity of network management protocols and related standard
tools.Familiarity to MS Active Directory and Group Policies. Must
have good communication skills to interact with all groups in
technologyMust have excellent client skills to help provide
exceptional service to our clients.
Keywords: Covance, Burlington , Sr Platform Engineer, Engineering , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!