Maintenance Technician III
Company: Cambro Manufacturing
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Maintenance Technician III
Optimizes functionality of machines and equipment while performing
corrective and preventative maintenance. Implements improvements
through projects to increase machine reliability and output with
updated, new or automated equipment. Installs machines, machine
support systems and automation from direction of the Senior
Maintenance Tech Supervisor.
- Locates malfunctions through close
observation of machinery, utilizing test instruments and knowledge
of machine operation. Inspects and measures parts to detect wear,
misalignment or other problems.
- Manually cleans/dismantles/replaces/repairs defective machines
or electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic or pneumatic
components of machinery and equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance per defined interval/schedule
in an efficient manner.
- Lays out, assembles, installs and maintains pipe systems and
related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, material
- Installs, programs or repairs automated machinery and equipment
such as robots or programmable controllers.
- Performs machine shop work operating various machines such as
drill press, grinder, mills, lathes and other metalworking tools to
make and repair parts.
- Performs welding fabrication using MIG/TIG/stick welders,
oxy/acetylene, plasma torch and other cutting equipment.
- Visually and/or manually inspects and listens to machines and
equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
- Initiates and leads machine modifications and
- Reads, modifies or creates blueprints, ladder logic,
electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics to troubleshoot
- Use equipment such as forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts,
hoists, chains, straps or slings to pick up, move or locate
equipment or machinery.
- Responsible for proper care/cleaning of tools, parts, materials
and work area.
- Initiates purchase requisitions for parts, services and/or
- Documents all repairs/resolutions in a CMMS database.
- Maintain reliable and consistent attendance, including being
punctual, and dependable in order to meet the needs of the
department and the organization.
- Execute each essential duty satisfactorily in order to perform
- Follows all safety procedures required in work area, wears PPE
as needed, attends all safety meetings, and reports safety issues
regarding equipment or unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Performs effectively as a team member, able to work well with
others, open to receive and give feedback, and treats everyone with
- Takes ownership of own work and behavior, accepts
accountability for own actions, encourages solutions, and
communicates status of work/projects.
- Follow all department quality standards/criteria. Raise
concerns and issues to immediate manager.
- Able to understand and demonstrate Cambro company culture,
display company core values (Safety, Quality, Respect, and
- Understands department's key performance indicators and
contributes to achieve these goals both individually and as a
- Other duties as needed or required. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoots/replaces/repairs variable frequency, servo
drives, motors, and positioning/feedback components.
- Trains others on the proper set up of machines or robots and
the manual/automatic operations to verify malfunctions or the
success of repairs.
- Responsible for mentoring Level I and II Techs, teaching them
various policies, procedures and repair techniques.
- Recognizes and reports potential equipment failure or unsafe
conditions to the Sr Maintenance Tech Supervisor and assists in
- Assists in maintaining and creating preventative & corrective
procedures/processes and checklists for all production
- Maintain and enhance technical abilities by attending
workshops, classes, online courses, or other programs.
- May serve as a liaison with vendors.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed, remain flexible and
open to possible schedule changes in order to meet business needs.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. In this position
you may be required to:
- Constantly use hands.
- Frequently walk, stand, bend at the neck, squat, repetitively
use hands, use hands for simple grasping and fine manipulation,
lift/carry up to 10 lbs..
- Occasionally sit, bend at the waist, climb, kneel, crawl, twist
at the neck and/or waist, use hands for power grasping, pushing &
pulling, reaching above and below shoulder level, lift/carry up to
- Drive cars, trucks, forklifts, and other equipment (scissor
lift, boom lift).
- Work around equipment and machinery.
- Walk on uneven ground.
- Be exposed to excessive noise.
- Be exposed to dust, gas, fumes, or chemicals.
- Work at heights.
- Operate foot controls or have repetitive foor movement.
- Use of special visual or auditory protective equipment.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- 2 or 4 year certificate from a college or technical school; or
10 to 15 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- 8 to 10 years of preventative or corrective maintenance
experience in one or more of the following plastics manufacturing
processes: Injection Molding, inline Sheet Extrusion, inline
Thermo-forming, or Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) / Expanded
Polystyrene (EPS) shape molding.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical, electrical and
hydraulic prints or schematics, safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
organization. Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry, and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages,
ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to learn to operate one or more of Cambro's motor
vehicle equipment: electric or propane-fueled forklift, scissor
lift, boom lift. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience in corrective or preventative maintenance
and troubleshooting with:
- Haitian 2 and 3 platen injection molding machines and/or JSW
hydraulic or electric injection molding machines
- Star robots
- Lyle inline thermoforming
- Davis-Standard inline sheet extrusion
- Akkaya EPP/EPS shape molding machines
- Universal Dynamics (Una-Dyn) and/or Novatec material handling
- Experienced in operating forklifts, scissor lifts and boom
lifts CAMBRO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to and will not be discriminated against based upon
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic
information, military or veteran status, or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: Cambro Manufacturing, Burlington , Maintenance Technician III, Engineering , Mebane, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!