Client Server Engineer
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Under moderate supervision, participate as a highly skilled member on a team of IT Client Server Engineers, assisting in the designing, planning, testing and implementation phases of Client Server projects as assigned by Client Server Management. Take primary or secondary role in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, testing and documenting Client Server systems and software in a laboratory environment. Assist in efforts related to the successful implementation of Client Server systems into production while following standards and procedures. Work within existing relationships with key support partners, line of business representatives and vendors. Assist in implementation of complex medium to large scale enterprise projects. Assist in development of innovative improvements. Participate in investigating, evaluating and incorporating best practices based on knowledge of environment. Assist in production support, including problem identification and description, ticket documentation, customer/vendor dialogue and root cause analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Participate in efforts related to designing, planning, enhancing, and testing all distributed systems platforms used throughout the enterprise including base-lining current systems, trend analysis, and capacity planning as required for future systems requirements.
2. Participate in technical assessment, research, and testing of new technologies as requested using client server design, automation, and scripting best practices and procedures.
3. Participate in the analysis of information to determine, recommend, and plan the use of computers and peripheral equipment, or modifications to existing equipment and systems that will provide capability for proposed project or work load, efficient operation and effective use of allotted resources.
4. Provide third-level technical support of Client Server systems, providing problem analysis and resolution in a timely manner.
5. Participate in all areas of technology management, systems development or systems implementation as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor---s degree in Computer Science or relevant field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Three years of related experience with distributed systems in Information Technology
3. Demonstrated proficiency in Windows, VMware, Powershell, Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy creation and administration, DNS and DHCP administration and some SCCM Experience.
4. A grounded understanding of applied enterprise computing technology
5. Advanced knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis, and systems tuning. Adept with network interfaces and technologies
6. Proficient in multiple programming/script languages with proficiency in development of systems and program interfaces
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Office products
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
Keywords: BB&T, Burlington , Client Server Engineer, Engineering , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!