Director, Product Management
Company: Progress Software Corporation
Posted on: February 16, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
exciting company in the IT sector.
- Design the strategic vision for the next generation of
Progress' Testing business, and drive successful execution across
all business functions (product strategy, product marketing and
- Actively participate as a member of the Developer Tooling
business unit leadership team
- Own and drive the development of effective, targeted messaging
and product positioning
- Develop & Implement growth strategies for: License;
Expansion;--Renewal (Create and execute plan for the improvement of
renewal rates) ; New Product / Business Opportunities via
Innovation or M&A
- Manage cross-functional teams in the creation of strategic
product plans, programs, sales motions, and roadmaps.
- Responsible for pricing, packaging, positioning, sales
enablement, releases, business performance, forecasting, tracking,
and alignment between various functions.
- Oversee the creation of crisp messaging and lead the effort to
refresh the Test Studio website & all external collateral.
- Oversee customer insight programs to uncover requirements and
market data that will help guide product management efforts.
- Partner with finance to create and manage budgets related to
the Testing division
- Drive strong enablement for the sales team in collaboration
with the sales leadership of the business unit
- Collaborate with sales leadership and finance to define sales
team regions and quotas
- Setup and lead inquiries and briefings with key industry
- Create reports and presentations for the executive team at
Progress as needed
- Manage internal cross functional and external / customer facing
- Evangelize the market strategy to customers, partners, staff,
analysts and press
- Understand and be willing to dive into existing PPC campaigns
and lead workflows to ensure optimal performance
- Extensive experience in product management, product marketing,
and/or sales for enterprise software businesses/products
- Experience with strategic planning, gathering and using market
data to evaluate new markets, personas, creation of GTM strategies,
competitors' strategies, consumer insights marketing.
- Good knowledge of the software testing market, specifically
automated functional testing.
- High energy self-starter. Capable of leading and motivating a
team, but also being hands on when needed.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and an
ability to tailor communication styles to different audiences, e.g.
QA engineers, technical developers, less technical marketing
managers, and external customer/partner audiences
- Strong writing skills. Ability to write and review content to
advance thought leadership, attract prospects, and educate existing
Keywords: Progress Software Corporation, Burlington , Director, Product Management, Executive , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!