Company: Sonic Drive-In
Posted on: September 19, 2022
POSITION:ASSISTANT MANAGERIMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR:WORKING
PARTNER/GENERAL MANAGERSTATUS:HOURLY, NON-EXEMPTGENERAL PURPOSE OF
POSITION: Assists in managing the operations of a Sonic Drive-In
and assumes responsibility for drive-in operations in the absence
of other management. Trains and supports the drive-in employees in
order to provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner
so that guests will have an enjoyable experience at the Sonic
Drive-In.ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manages, trains, monitors and coaches crew members, carhops and
skating carhops.2.Directs and assigns drive-in employees to perform
all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen, Dresser, Front
Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor, Food Prep,
Carhop, Skating Carhop and if applicable Drive-Thru) as needed and
depending on store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation
(portion control), temperature, packaging, appearance,
presentation, taste and service of all menu items meet operational
standards.3.Adheres to and monitors employee compliance of the
drive-in employee handbook, policies and practices. Takes
appropriate action to address employee issues and policy violations
and immediately reports all employee issues, complaints and policy
violations to his/her immediate supervisor.4.Performs opening
and/or closing duties in compliance with Sonic Drive-In policies
and procedures.5.Monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to
staffing levels during assigned shift.6.Monitors and maintains
inventory levels and food cost control during assigned shift and
completes weekly inventory as needed.7.Completes assigned
administrative duties timely and accurately. Assists in maintaining
files, records and all required documentation.8.Reinforces the
importance of placing guests' needs first to drive-in employees on
a consistent basis.9.Immediately responds to guest requests in a
respectful manner. Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor
and assists in resolving such complaints.ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
- Performs all duties in the Basic Stations (Fountain & Frozen,
Dresser, Front Swamp, Back Swamp, Grill, Switchboard, Expeditor,
Food Prep, and if applicable Drive-Thru) as needed and depending on
store volume, during a shift to ensure the preparation (portion
control), temperature, packaging, appearance, presentation, taste
and service of all menu items meet operational standards.
- Operates switchboard and records customer order, repeats order
in a clear and understandable manner.
- Operates Drive-Thru window and sales register and makes
accurate change quickly and efficiently.
- Prepares fountain drinks and ice cream items.
- Prepares food by cutting and chopping food items and cooking on
grill or in fryers.
- Prepares food orders efficiently within 2-3 minute time
- Packages all menu items into bags or trays and places drink
orders into drink carrier.
- Serves food to customers in an efficient manner as necessary
when working in other Basic Stations.
- Occasionally moves food product weighing up to 50 lbs into
freezer and shelves stacked from floor to ceiling.
- Occasionally disposes of trash by transporting bags outside and
- Occasionally cleans areas of drive-in, including mopping,
sweeping, washing dishes, wiping counter-tops and emptying used
- Complies with all federal, state and local wage and hour laws
and labor and employment laws.
- Wears required uniform and appropriate personal protective
equipment as outlined in the Sonic Drive-In operations manual.
- Performs frequent washing and sanitizing of: food areas, food
preparation tools, and hands.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or
required.QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry
or retail operations required. Six months of restaurant management
experience (QSR) or one year entry level retail management
- Experience running shifts without supervision
- Effective communication skills
- Basic math and basic reading skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends and
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to successfully solve problems
- Works with autonomy once given direction
- Complies with all Sonic Drive-In Policies and Procedures, and
all health and sanitation laws and regulations
- Successfully completes and follows requirements of all STAR
certification and other Sonic Drive-In training programs.
- Continuous standing, bending, stooping, lifting, stretching and
frequent over-head lifting will be required when staging, preparing
or packaging menu items and/or cleaning.ENVIRONMENT: Frequent
exposure to heat and hot liquid shortening while cooking. Frequent
exposure to freezer when stocking food items. Occasional exposure
to extreme temperatures based on variable weather conditions.SONIC
MISSION STATEMENT: To become America's most-loved restaurant
brandSONIC CORE VALUESAt Sonic, we value:
- Respect for everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the power of the individual.
- Importance of relationships as a way of life.
- Doing different, special and better things to surprise and
delight everyone touched by the Sonic brand.
Keywords: Sonic Drive-In, Burlington , Assistant Manager, Executive , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!