Senior Project Manager
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Senior Project Manager
This position is remote based, anywhere within the US or Canada.
This position is within Labcorp Drug Development.
At times working under the direction of a Project Director; the
Senior Project Manager oversees and manages domestic, regional
and/or global projects. Responsibilities typically include
developing and managing project teams, communications, risk, scope,
schedule, cost, quality, and stakeholders, effectively ensuring
that variance from plan is proactively and effectively mitigated
and client expectations are met. The Senior Project Manager is
expected to have a working knowledge of drug development and
clinical trial execution. They also compile and drive documentation
for the project, ensuring the accuracy and quality of regulatory
- Accountable for project delivery with regards to agreed time,
scope, cost and quality.
- TEAM COMMUNICATION: Serve as key client contact for assigned
projects, establishing working relationships with client project
teams which result in client satisfaction, operational excellence
and thereby increase potential for repeat business.
- Lead core project team(s) and facilitate team's ability to lead
extended project team(s), ensuring effective cross-functional
teamwork among project team members including both internal and
external stakeholders. Depending on size and scope of project(s),
this job duty may be performed in collaboration with a Project
- Serve as escalation point for project issues to internal and
external stakeholders, as appropriate.
- TEAM COMMUNICATION: Proactively identify and resolve conflicts
- COST: Understand the project delivery strategy, costing
assumptions and resulting budget for assigned project(s).
- SCOPE: Deliver project(s) to scope, schedule and costs,
ensuring all remain on track with the contract and with financial
performance targets. Initiate and implement appropriate actions to
proactively manage the change control process both internally and
- RISK: Proactively lead both quality control and risk assurance
activities to ensure project deliverables are met according to
regulatory, Labcorp Drug Development, and client requirements.
- QUALITY: Create and manage variance to required project plans.
Per SOPs, implement and monitor progress against project plans and
revise as necessary. Ensure that all staff allocated to assigned
project(s) adheres to professional standards and SOPs, providing
performance feedback to team member's respective supervisors.
- Aid in development and maintenance of key project performance
indicators for client specified metrics, ensuring that the KPIs are
within scope of the project contract.
- Define and manage project resource needs and establish
succession plans for key resources.
- In collaboration with relevant departments, prepare and deliver
presentations for new business as required
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Travel: Up to 30% travel required both domestic and international
including overnight stays.
University/college degree (life science preferred) or certification
in a related allied health profession (i.e. nursing, medical or
laboratory technology) from an appropriately accredited
Master or other advanced degree. PMP certification.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- 4 + years of current experience working as a Project Manager or
Senior Project Manager at a CRO managing full-service global
trials/studies and the responsibility of the financial management
of the studies.
On the Job Experience:
- Working knowledge of ICH Guidelines and GCP including
international regulatory requirements for the conduct of clinical
- Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Project,
Access and Power Point).
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant clinical research
experience in a pharmaceutical company/CRO, including at least two
(2) years of full project management responsibility.
- Experience managing projects in a matrix and virtual
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team
members to seek solutions independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities
and to utilize resources effectively,
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate
staff within a matrix system.
- Financial awareness and ability to actively utilize financial
- Good knowledge of project management processes.
- Ability to work independently and mentor junior project team
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with clients in a professional
- Ability to present to staff at all levels.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion
in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination
of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal
data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Senior Project Manager, Executive , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!