Senior Cost Accounting Manager
Posted on: September 13, 2023
The Senior Cost Accounting Manager will have an opportunity to
build this newly formed department from the ground up. - In this
role, the Senior Cost Accounting Manager will lead the development
of standard costs for materials, labor and overhead for over 20
facilities globally in a complex setting. - This role will also
have an opportunity to lead the design and configuration of the
cost accounting system. - A successful candidate should be able to
demonstrate the ability develop to new processes to maintain the
standard costs, train and supervise a cost accounting team, and
strong communication, analytical and technology skills. This
position requires the employee to be onsite and is not remote.
* Development of standard costs for materials, labor and
* Analyze production costs and recommend changes to standard
* Ensure accuracy of product costs driving item profitability
* Define new global, standardized business processes for the
standard cost cycle driving automation and efficiencies in the
* Document new business processes establishing standard operating
* Foster the involvement of end users outside of the cost
* Train, review, analyze with business partners on the results and
outcomes of standard cost variances on monthly basis
* Lead and develop team members focused on talent management
* Serve as escalation point for variance issues to internal
stakeholders, as -appropriate. -
* Perform other duties as assigned by management. -
* Minimum of seven (7) years relevant experience working in cost
accounting, preferably within a manufacturing organization. -
Experience of standard costing is a must.
* Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities and
to -utilize -resources effectively. -
* Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate
staff within a matrix system. -
* Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to encourage team
members to seek solutions independently. -
* Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently. -
* Ability to negotiate and liaise with internal clients in a
professional manner. -
* Ability to present to staff at all levels.
* BA/BS with a minimum of seven (7) years of cost accounting
experience, preferably within a manufacturing setting.
*Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:*
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion
in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination
of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal
data, please see our -[Privacy
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Senior Cost Accounting Manager, Executive , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!