Manager Global Service Desk
Company: Avid Technology
Posted on: September 3, 2019
Manager Global Service Desk
Job Description (Role Profile)
Job Summary:The Manager Global Service Desk is responsible for
management, direction, and day to day operation of the globally
distributed IT Client Services Organization. The Manager will work
with cross-functional teams, in the design and implementation of
information technologies that meets stated business objectives,
service levels, and satisfaction criteria. In this role you will
lead a group of level 1 and level 2 engineers to provide excellent
service to the company's employees and will improve their
productivity by ensuring a quick turnaround time and innovative
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Leads and improves the customer service performance of the
entire IT organization by driving and implementing cross functions
best practices to provide quicker and more efficient service
- Creates and implements a first-class customer service model and
environment for the IT Service Desk which includes creating
appropriate process and procedures.
- Transforms the team to be high performing by driving and
implementing a well defined internal KPI management.
- Oversees problem management activities including the review of
recurring incidents and patterns, identifying root-cause and
executing remediation/resolution tasks in conjunction with involved
third party partners as required.
- Periodically reviews and implements new or enhanced existing
standards, processes and procedures for services defined within the
IT service catalog using industry best practices and considering
- Manages and reviews staff scheduling to insure optimal Service
Desk coverage during business hours. Will require on-call rotation,
if necessary in a "follow the sun model", to ensure restoration of
IT services in the event of critical failures.
- Sets processes for the selection and evaluation of personal
computing devices, mobile devices and tablets, and is responsible
for overall asset management and tracking of all IT personal
computing devices own by the company.
- Ensures new employees/contractors are properly equipped with
standardized IT hardware and software assets needed to perform
their jobs. This includes oversight of the build automation process
for each laptop/desktop model and application packaging.
- Responsible for recruiting, onboarding and developing Service
Desk team members including participating on performance reviews,
goal setting, promotions, and disciplinary responsibilities.
- Manages relationships with consultants including contracts,
work quality, scheduling and commitments.
- Administrative record keeping and management reporting of IT
metrics and compliance controls.
- Maintains the company's IT asset database including the list of
all personal computing equipment and software in used throughout
the company. (HW, SW, Mobile Phones, Tablets, etc.)
- Sets technology standards related to personal computing by
evaluating new technologies including personal computing hardware,
software, and mobile technology that will become standards for
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Engineering or
equivalent technical experience
- 8-10 years' experience Service Desk management, leading a team
or operation with the focus on delivering customer service in a
corporate setting preferred
- Deep knowledge of running a Technical Help Desk support
including hardware and software configuration best practices.
- Prior experience using ServiceNow is desired
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required, written
and verbal, with a strong emphasis on delivering exemplar customer
- ITIL Service Delivery Foundation understanding is required, A+
certification a plus.
- Excellent technical knowledge of the following desktop
operating systems: Windows 10/7, OSX
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC and desktop hardware,
- Excellent technical knowledge of PC components such as video
cards, motherboards, etc.
- Good understanding of Cyber Security guidelines and best
- Good technical knowledge of Windows Active Directory and
- Experience with Video conferencing solutions including the
setup and maintenance of dedicated rooms solutions (Zoom Rooms a
- Experience with Office 365 deployment and administration
including OneDrive, Teams and Sharepoint.
- Experience with public cloud usage, preferably Azure.
- Thorough experience with supporting enterprise-level printers,
- Good knowledge of networking protocols and components within a
About Avid:Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's
most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting
content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution
and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most
loved media in the world-from the most prestigious and
award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television
shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading
solutions include Pro Tools--, Media Composer--, Nexis--,
Interplay--, and Sibelius--. Our digital audio and video solutions
continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and
have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar--
statuettes, a Grammy--, and 16 Emmys--
Avid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and
are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all
Manager Global Service Desk
Productivity Technology Group
Full or Part Time
Keywords: Avid Technology, Burlington , Manager Global Service Desk, Executive , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!