Home Care CNA - PRN
Company: Twin Lakes Community
Posted on: January 8, 2021
JOB TITLE: CNA / CaregiverDEPARTMENT: Home Care AgencyREPORTS
TO: Home Care Agency DirectorHOURS: PRN - 8am - 3pm or 4pm - 10pm.
Every other weekend required.POSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for
assisting Home Care Agency clients with personal care needs. The
CNA/caregiver provides medical and physical care to the residents
to meet their daily needs and enable them to function at the
highest possible level. While this care is provided under the
leadership of a professional nurse, the caregiver is the residents'
closest advocate. The caregiver promotes the residents'
psychosocial well-being through meaningful relationship building,
and works with the team to meet other social service needs of the
resident, always providing support, friendship and kindness. The
caregiver may also support the resident in maintaining a clean safe
household environment and in caring for the resident's personal
laundry. All caregiver tasks are performed in accordance with
current standards, guidelines and regulations and in a safe and
efficient manner.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends to all resident personal hygiene and personal care
needs, including but not limited to grooming, hygiene, dining and
nutritional, mobility, elimination, psychosocial and safety needs.
Organizes all supplies necessary to complete the tasks. Supports
residents in self care, and provides care as necessary for those
unable to care for their own needs. Follows universal precautions,
proper infection control, sanitation and safety standards of
practice in all work and activities.
- Communicate with supervisor and Home Care Agency scheduler of
availability to work specific days/hours, and provide timely
requests for time off or other changes in availability.
- Uses electronic documentation for all notes, care plans, and
- Provides restorative therapy under the leadership of therapy
professionals and in accordance with the resident's functional
- Observes residents closely, identifying changing needs and
conditions, client functioning, health, and overall well-being and
at first indication, and reports immediately to nursing.
- Participates actively in the resident's plan of care, serving
as the residents' closest advocate in directing their care and
honoring their preferences and documenting when care if
- Consistently works with all team members, led by resident and
family preference to meet the needs and desires of all
- Continually seeks opportunities to meet resident's psychosocial
needs through both care planned and spontaneous actions.
- Plans and organizes social activities for individual residents
and small groups, making any necessary arrangements to assure
success of the activity.
- Seeks opportunities throughout the day to facilitate
spontaneous activities of resident choice and household preference;
accompanies resident in all activities of choice.
- Maintains equipment, games, and supplies for use in supporting
resident activity choices.
- Maintains appropriate documentation in support of social
service and activity functions.
- Maintains clean spaces including resident rooms, common spaces,
as well as support spaces and equipment.
- Maintains supply of all materials to meet resident needs.
- Supports all aspects of the household environment, including
pets, plants, children, visitors and guests, facilitating all
planned and spontaneous needs and activities.
- Coordinates work with the homemaker to ensure the personal
laundry needs of the resident are met within the staffing resources
of the household.
- Attend departmental meetings and trainings, and comply with
requirements for Online Learning courses.
- May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the
nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job
requirements.Education and/or Experience:
- 2-3 years experience in healthcare field desired.Certificates,
- Certified Nursing Assistant certification required.
Keywords: Twin Lakes Community, Burlington , Home Care CNA - PRN, Healthcare , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!