CNA - Weekends 7-11pm
Company: Twin Lakes Community
Posted on: January 8, 2021
JOB TITLE: CNA/CaregiverDEPARTMENT: Moneta SpringsREPORTS TO:
Director of NursingHOURS: 7pm - 11pm Weekends or Every other
Weekend - Additional shifts available upon requestPOSITION
SUMMARY:The CNA/caregiver provides medical and physical care to the
residents of the household to meet their daily needs and enable
them to function at the highest possible level. While this care is
provided under the leadership of a professional nurse, the
caregiver is the residents' closest advocate in the household. The
caregiver promotes the residents' psychosocial well-being through
meaningful relationship building, and works with the household team
to meet other social service needs of the resident and of the
household, always providing support, friendship and kindness for
each of the household members. The caregiver plans and facilitates
social activities for residents of the household which provide
meaningful ways to spend time as recreation, exercise, relationship
building and fun. The caregiver also supports the household
homemaker in maintaining a clean safe household environment and in
caring for the resident's personal laundry. All caregiver tasks are
performed in accordance with current standards, guidelines and
regulations and in a safe and efficient manner.Essential Duties and
- Attends to all resident personal hygiene and personal care
needs, including but not limited to grooming, hygiene, dining and
nutritional, mobility, elimination, psychosocial and safety needs.
Organizes all supplies necessary to complete the tasks. Supports
residents in self care, and provides care as necessary for those
unable to care for their own needs. Follows universal precautions,
proper infection control, sanitation and safety standards of
practice in all work and activities.
- Provides restorative therapy under the leadership of therapy
professionals and in accordance with the resident's functional
- Observes residents closely, identifying changing needs and
conditions at first indication, and reports immediately to
- Participates actively in the resident's plan of care, serving
as the residents' closest advocate in directing their care and
honoring their preferences.
- Consistently works with all household team members, led by
resident and family preference to meet the needs and desires of all
- Continually seeks opportunities to meet resident's psychosocial
needs through both care planned and spontaneous actions.
- Plans and organizes social activities for individual residents,
small groups and for the household, making any necessary
arrangements to assure success of the activity.
- Seeks opportunities throughout the day to facilitate
spontaneous activities of resident choice and household preference;
accompanies resident in all activities of choice.
- Maintains equipment, games, and supplies for use in supporting
resident and household activity choices.
- Maintains appropriate documentation in support of social
service and activity functions in the household.
- Maintains clean spaces in the household, including resident
rooms, household common spaces, as well as support spaces and
- Maintains supply of all materials to meet resident needs in the
- Supports all aspects of the household environment, including
pets, plants, children, visitors and guests, facilitating all
planned and spontaneous needs and activities.
- Coordinates work with the household homemaker to ensure the
personal laundry needs of the resident are met within the staffing
resources of the household.
- May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the
nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job
requirements.Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of a state approved program for nursing assistants.
Competency evaluated, tested and registered with the state.
- High school graduate or GED preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years in a Skilled Nursing Facility and dementia experience
preferred.Certificates, licenses, registrations:
- North Carolina Certified Nurse Aide One
Keywords: Twin Lakes Community, Burlington , CNA - Weekends 7-11pm, Healthcare , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!