Lab Services Team Lead for Consumer Genetics & DNA
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Are you an experienced lab professional who enjoys leading
others and looking to take on a new challenge? LabCorp is seeking a
Lab Services Team Lead to join our busy Consumer Genetics/ DNA ID
Lab in Burlington NC! Consumer Genetics is one of the world's
largest genotyping facilities, having genotyped millions of samples
for SNP (Single Nucleotide Polymorphism) analysis since 2013. SNPs
are single base changes in DNA that give rise to genetic variation.
These variations can be used for ancestral typing, health and
disease risk factors, carrier conditions, and curiosity
testing--anything from physical characteristics such as hair and
eye color, muscle composition, effects of DNA on diet, and
interesting facts such as your body's reactions to environmental
stimuli. This position will be a cross divisional results position
for Consumer Genetics and DNA ID divisions that would entail
paternity, histocompatibility, microbiome and whole genome SNP
testing. The Lab Services Team Lead will be responsible for helping
coordinate result review and release for both DNA ID and Consumer
Genetics and p erforms moderate to high complexity tests/assays
according to established testing procedures in designated technical
department. Follows standard operating procedures. Performs
tasks/procedures as approved in training and competency records.
Advises management of problem areas or of potential problem areas.
Performs those duties in the incumbent's LabCorp title job
description. Additional duties as assigned. Requirements:
- BS/BA degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or
related Life Science
- Minimum of 6 year of clinical lab experience
- ASCP/AMT Certification no required but desirable The working
schedule for this position will be: 3rd shift, Monday-Friday,
9:00pm-5:30am. This position is eligible for a 15% shift
differential due to 3rd shift schedule. Job
- Follows the laboratory's procedure for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, entering results, reporting and
maintaining records of patient test results.
- Performs proficiency testing and documentation for all tests
performed in accordance with CLIA, state and accreditation
- Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies: documents
all quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follows the laboratory's established policies and procedures
whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance.
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance
or reporting of test results and corrects the problem or
immediately notifies the Laboratory/Technical Supervisor,
Laboratory Manager and/or Technical Director.
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems
deviate from the laboratory's established performance
- Coordinates work of other departmental staff as required.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in areas of testing and support
problem investigation and resolution as needed.
- Assists supervisor/manager in performing various assigned
responsibilities completely and accurately and within established
- Assists Supervisor in the performance of the following duties:
training staff, scheduling staff for work, reviewing completed work
to ensure accuracy and compliance, troubleshooting problems as they
arise, making work-flow recommendations to supervisor.
- Assists supervisor in monitoring employee performance and
ensure quality expectations (e.g. monitors employee break times,
quantity and quality of work) and helps address performance issues
- Clearly communicates all concerns/issues related to assigned
area to Supervisor/assigned to staff and accurately completed
within established time frames.
- Meets company attendance policy.
- Ensures a professional work environment is maintained.
- Acts in a professional manner to colleagues; pleasant, shares
information relevant to work, no gossiping or disparaging
- Cooperates fully and completely with all efforts to implement
and enforce LabCorp's Corporate Integrity Program.
- Sets a personal example of high ethical standards in performing
his/her assigned duties.
- Exhibits awareness of, and adheres to, LabCorp's compliance
policies, which apply specifically to his/her assigned
duties.Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:As an
EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its
employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or veteran status.For more information about
how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Lab Services Team Lead for Consumer Genetics & DNA, Healthcare , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!