Medical Operations Supervisor (Nurse Supervisor)
Company: CSL Behring LTD
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for overseeing the applicant and
return donor reception and registration processes.
* Supervise reception and medical staff.
* Assist management with daily center operations to include
development of reception and medical staff, assessment and
improvement of processes, troubleshooting issues and managing donor
1. In compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs),
supervise daily activities of reception, medical, and customer
service operations. Provide clear and consistent instructions and
directions, conduct meetings, and clearly communicate performance
expectations. May be required to perform tasks in work areas.
Advise management of employee relation issues or escalated donor
2. In conjunction with other management and supervisory staff,
facilitate donor movement throughout the center minimizing donor
wait time and processing.
3. Supervise reception and medical work areas activities to ensure
proper handling of supplies and materials. Coordinate plans and
deliver medical and reception staff training.
4. Repair or replace equipment in a timely manner. Update equipment
status and documentation on a regular basis.
5. Ensure adequate reception and medical staffing to provide
sufficient support based upon center size, structure and donor
flow. Create schedules for direct reports per company procedures.
Monitor time card procedures, attendance and overtime usage.
6. Conduct investigations, participate in root cause analysis, and
develop recommendations for process improvement.
7. Participate with management in conducting performance appraisals
and providing performance feedback. With management review and
direction, document verbal and written coaching level corrective
actions, as needed.
8. Participate, as appropriate, with management in the recruitment
and selection of center operation staff.
9. Act as liaison for Center Medical Director and Divisional
Medical Director. Coordinate Center Medical Director
10. Follow and ensure staff adheres to all Standard Operating
Procedures (SOPs), company policies and procedures.
11. Comply with all local, state and federal regulations and laws
to include, but not limited to: ADA, Civil Rights, EEOC, FDA, GHA,
HIIPA, and OSHA.
12. Participate in selected Center Leadership meetings and present
pertinent related medical topics. Conduct and document monthly
13. Ensure accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor
information management system as outlined in the SOPs.
14. Provide medical oversight and guidance to center specialty and
employee Hep B programs. Understand policies and procedures
associated with hyper immune programs at the center, as
15. Maintain clean efficient work environment, and ensure
sufficient operating supplies and forms are available. Comply with
all Health Safety and Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety
and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Conduct
routine internal procedures and documentation audits, as
applicable. Promote safety in all actions.
16. Maintain an environment free from harassment or intimidation of
any employee by co-workers, management personnel or any external
source. Immediately report (orally and/or in writing) all incidents
of harassment to a manger and Human Resources.
17. Maintain professional image and confidentiality of all company
records and information at all times.
18. Will be cross-trained in all technical areas and other
functions to meet business needs.
19. Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the
organization, to meet the needs of the business.
20. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
* Active state licensure from a paramedic, nursing, physician
assistant, chiropractic, naturopathic training program or medical
school required OR
* Completion of a foreign allopathic or osteopathic medical school
and only if also currently licensed as a physician or certified as
an EMT in the state
* Supervisory experience and regulated environment strongly
* Shares information with internal contacts with common desire to
reach a solution
* Ability to make decisions, which have moderate impact on
immediate work unit
* Must be able to see and speak with customers and observe
* Occasionally perform tasks while standing and walking up to 100%
* Examine and assess the skin and other abnormalities through
sight, touch and smell
* Reach, bend, kneel and have high level of manual dexterity
* Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
* Fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
* Frequently exposed to hazardous chemicals, extreme temperatures
and to blood borne pathogens.
* Required to wear Personal Protective Equipment while performing
specific tasks or in certain areas
* Required to work overtime and extended hours to support center
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, veteran status, national origin or
other legally protected classifications.
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position, most
are effective the first day of hire: Options for health care
benefits, including choices of plans for medical and prescription
drug, dental, and vision coverage; Company-provided basic life
insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to
participate in CSL's 401(k) Savings Program; Paid Time Off (PTO)
for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal
business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It's important
and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Plasma
CSL Plasma is one of the world's largest collectors of human
plasma. Our work helps to ensure that people with rare and serious
diseases are able to live normal, healthy lives. We are committed
to our work because lives depend on us. Learn more about CSL
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL
embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Plasma!
Keywords: CSL Behring LTD, Burlington , Medical Operations Supervisor (Nurse Supervisor), Healthcare , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!