Posted on: September 25, 2022
Are you an experienced clinical laboratory professional looking
for leadership opportunity? Are you detail oriented, process
focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry
leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is
seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor to join our team in
Burlington, NC for the HLA department.In this position, you will
work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging
environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp:
-Improving Health, Improving Lives- as we combat the COVID-19
pandemic.The work schedule is Monday through Friday 3:00 p.m. -
11:30 p.m. (2nd shift)Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Supervise the day to day operations of the HLA department.
- Ensure laboratory tests are accurately performed and results
are reported in a timely manner.
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory personnel of
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab and schedule adequate assay
- Responsible for ensuring 2nd shift in the department are
- Research and resolve any production errors while escalating
- Engage in continuous process and service level
- Ensure all equipment is being properly maintained through
- Prepare and maintain Quality Assurance records and
- Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate
- Meet regularly with direct reports to provide coaching and
feedback for their development.
- Perform bench work as needed and maintain
proficiency/competency in technical operations.
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal
regulations. Responsible for administering and managing policies
- Process and maintain payroll and personnel files.Requirements:
- Normally requires a B.S./B.A. Degree with 6 years of
- Must meet all State - Local licensing requirements where the
laboratory is located and must meet CLIA requirements Bachelor's
degree in Medical Technology or a Science related major.
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a Medical Technologist in a
clinical laboratory Previous supervisor experience is preferred
ASCP and/or AMT Certifications are a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of CLIA, CAP and relevant state
- Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and
- Proficient with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft
Office Strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational
skills Comfortability making decisions in a changing environment
Ability to handle the physical requirements of the positionLabcorp
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:As an EOE/AA employer,
the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices
due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran
status.For more information about how we collect and store your
personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Lab Supervisor, Healthcare , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!