Lab Supervisor I for Consumer Genetics
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking
to looking to embark on a new challenge in your career in Medical
Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting
opportunities to join our team as a Lab Supervisor I in Burlington
NC. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer
focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our
overall mission at LabCorp: Improving Health, Improving Lives.
Consumer Genetics is one of the world's largest genotyping
facilities, having genotyped millions of samples for SNP (Single
Nucleotide Polymorphism) analysis since 2013. SNPs are single base
changes in DNA that give rise to genetic variation. This Consumer
Genetics supervisor position will oversee custom client, QC
testing, clinical trials, and future NIS4 bench and will have
direct reports on multiple shifts.
The schedule for this position will be: 1st shift, Monday-Friday,
8:00sm-5:00pm. Flexibility for early start time or late
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Medical Technology or
related life science.
- Minimum 6+ years of clinical diagnostic laboratory experience.
Must meet CLIA requirements.
- ASCP/AMT certifications not required but preferred.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Understanding of laboratory operations as well as policies and
- Proficient with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High level of attention to detail with strong organizational
- Comfortability making decisions in a changing environment.
- Far acuity-ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more; near
acuity-ability to see clearly at 20 inches or less; depth
perception-ability to judge distance and space relationships; able
to pass a standardized color vision test, as required by a test
- Assigns, directs, oversees, and reviews the work of employees
to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, safety
requirements and SOPs.
- Provides onsite, telephone or electronic consultation to
laboratory personnel as needed.
- Functions as an integral member of the team.
- Ensures participation in an approved external and/or internal
proficiency testing program commensurate with the testing services
- Resolves technical problems and ensures remedial actions are
taken in the event of test or process deviation.
- Notifies Laboratory Manager or Technical Director of
- Ensures staff has training, resources and tools to achieve
- Evaluates the competency of all testing personnel and assures
that the staff maintains their competency to perform test
procedures and report test results promptly, accurately and
- Develops plans/projects to improve operational efficiency and
effectiveness and to implement new testing platforms as needed
- Notifies Laboratory Manager and/or Laboratory Director of
delays in TAT and test performance.
- Motivates staff to perform optimally and maintains a
cooperative work environment.
- Facilitates and resolves employee conflict when needed.
- Coaches, mentors and develops staff.
- Cooperates fully and completely with all efforts to implement
and enforce LabCorp's Corporate Integrity Program.
- Maintains professional interaction with all staff; supports
other team members; motivates others in a positive manner;
participates in organizing the work and the workplace;
researches/resolves testing, specimen and employee problems and
- Maintains accountability of the department inventory/supply
management system to ensure regulatory compliance and fiscal
- Monitors the emergency supply orders and takes action to
remediate the need, as appropriate.
- The knowledge of personal protection measures & hazardous waste
characteristics, hazardous waste volume generation limits,
accumulations limits, spill control measures, record keeping,
proper handling and container management, labeling, container and
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion
in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination
of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal
data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Lab Supervisor I for Consumer Genetics, Healthcare , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!