Laboratory Supervisor III for Core Chemistry
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Are you a laboratory professional looking for a new challenge?
Do you have leadership experience and are looking to use your
skills and knowledge to help others? LabCorp is seeking a Lab
Supervisor III to join our busy Core Chemistry lab located in
Burlington, NC! This is a great leadership opportunity, where you
will have the opportunity to facilitate innovation, manage change,
and foster teambuilding to provide the highest quality product for
our word-class diagnostics laboratory!
In this position, the Lab Supervisor III will be responsible for
overseeing the operations and administration of the Core Chemistry
department. This role will provide leadership to all department
staff and promote a positive environment and provide the necessary
tools to increase employee success. Implementation of operational
improvements to increase client satisfaction, quality performance
and operational efficiency while continuing to promote a culture of
regulatory compliance, patient service and customer
The schedule for this position will be: 3rd shift,
- Assign, oversee, and review work of lab employees.
- Direct all phases of work, quality, service and costs; and
performs tests or assays as required.
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory team members
and have ownership and responsibility for departmental staff.
- Ensure the diagnostics laboratory provides market leading
service levels, meeting the needs of our clients and corporate
- Resolve client inquiries and operational issues in a timely
- Ensure laboratory is compliant with corporate, state and
federal regulatory requirements related to personnel safety and
quality of laboratory testing as well as professional conduct.
- Assist with developing and implementing laboratory procedures
and installation of equipment and methods.
- Manage staff including recruiting & hiring qualified and
enthusiastic employees, performance management, training and
- Ensure effective communication with leadership, clients, sales,
corporate operations, as well as direct reports, departmental
staff, and inter-departmental staff.
- Investigate deviations from established procedures to ensure
effective corrective action.
- Maintain technical knowledge in the assigned department(s) for
the laboratory testing.
- BA/BS in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or related life
- Minimum of 7 years of Clinical Diagnostic testing experience.
Must meet all State & Local licensing requirements where the
laboratory is located and must meet CLIA requirements.
- 1-3 years of supervisory/management experience.
- ASCP/AMT certifications not required but highly preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of CLIA, CAP, AABB, and other relevant
- Proficient with Laboratory Information Systems and Microsoft
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion
in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination
of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal
data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Laboratory Supervisor III for Core Chemistry, Healthcare , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!