Lab Sup I for Molecular Infectious Disease
Posted on: January 23, 2023
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus for External Hires Only!
Are you an experience lab technologist or lab supervisor looking
for a new challenge? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and
enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading
company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Lab
Supervisor I to join our Molecular Infectious Disease lab team in
The focus of the Molecular Infectious Disease department is
molecular testing of samples for HIV, HBV, and HCV. Tests are used
for both diagnosis of infection with these viruses and for
therapeutic monitoring of patients; and range from relatively
simple assays designed to detect viral nucleic-acid all the way to
complex sequencing tests for characterizing viral genomes. Testing
is performed on serum or plasma based on the test requested by the
client. Our monthly volume averages over 100,000 tests with a vast
majority of this volume attributed to viral nucleic-acid testing.
Currently all of Infectious Disease testing is completed by 50
technical and support staff.
In this position, the Lab Sup I is responsible for the daily
oversight of the technical staff and assays performed within the
The working schedule for this position will be: 1st shift,
- Supervision of technical staff.
- Overseeing day to day department workflow, operations, and
compliance for all regulatory requirements, safety requirements and
- Managing specimen workflow, testing, and resulting.
- Handling instrument maintenance and conducting inventory.
- Managing pending and audit items, and researches/resolves
testing, specimen and/or employee problems.
- Writing technical documents, SOP's (Standard Operating
- Troubleshooting and performing root/cause analysis resolutions
on failed tests.
- Provides onsite, telephone or electronic consultation to
laboratory personnel as needed.
- Maintains professional interaction with all staff.
- Supports other team members and motivates others in a positive
- Functions as an integral member of the team and trains staff
- Must have a BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical
Technology, or other related science as required by CLIA.
- Minimum of 7 years of clinical laboratory testing experience
- Previous leadership experience desired.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office
(Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Excellent in time management and organization.
- Color blindness testing required upon hire.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion
in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination
of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal
data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Lab Sup I for Molecular Infectious Disease, Healthcare , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!