Lab Services Team Lead for Reference Microbiology
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Are you an experienced lab technologist looking for a new
challenge? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy
leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company
that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Laboratory
Services Team Leader to join our Reference/Esoteric Microbiology
team in Burlington, NC!
In this position, the Lab Services Team Lead performs moderate to
high complexity tests/ assays according to established testing
procedures in designated technical department. Follows standard
operating procedures. Performs tasks/ procedures as approved in
training and competency records. Advises management of problem
areas or of potential problem areas. Performs those duties outlined
in the incumbent's LabCorp title job description. Additional duties
The working schedule for this position will be: 1st shift,
- Follows the laboratory's procedure for specimen handling and
processing, test analyses, entering results, reporting and
maintaining records of patient test results
- Performs proficiency testing and documentation for all tests
performed in accordance with CLIA, state and accreditation
- Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies; documents
all quality control activities, instrument and procedural
calibrations and maintenance performed
- Follows the laboratory's established policies and procedures
whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established
acceptable levels of performance
- Identifies problems that many adversely affect test performance
or reporting of test results and corrects the problem or
immediately notices the Laboratory/ Technical Supervisor,
Laboratory Manager and/ or Technical Director
- Documents all corrective actions taken when test systems
deviate from the laboratory's established performance
- Coordinates work of other departmental staff as required
- Acts as subject matter expert in areas of testing and support
problem investigation and resolution as needed
- Assists supervisor/ manager in performing various assigned
responsibilities completely and accurately and within established
- Assists Supervisor in the performance of the following duties:
training staff, scheduling staff for work, reviewing completed work
to ensure accuracy and compliance, troubleshooting problems as they
arise, making work-flow recommendations to Supervisor
- Assists Supervisor in monitoring employee performance and
ensures quality expectations
- Clearly communicates all concerns/ issues related to assigned
area to Supervisor/ assigned to staff and accurately completed
within established time frames
- Meets company attendance policy
- Ensures a professional work environment is maintained
- Cooperates fully and completely with all efforts to implement
and enforce LabCorp's Corporate Integrity Program
- Exhibits awareness of, and adheres to, LabCorp's compliance
policies, which apply specifically to his/ her assigned duties
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology,
Clinical Laboratory Science or related life science.
- Minimum 6 years of clinical laboratory experience required.
Must meet CLIA regulations.
- ASCP certification preferred but not required.
- Previous leadership experience preferred.
- Proven leadership skills, excellent communication and
interpersonal skills, proficient at multi-tasking, solid
organizational skills, and ability to be flexible.
- Knowledge of CLIA, JCAHO, CAP and state regulations a
- Ability to work overtime or other shifts depending on business
- Must be able to pass a color blindness test.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion
in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination
of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal
data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Lab Services Team Lead for Reference Microbiology, Healthcare , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!