Company: Duke Health
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Duke University Hospital Duke University Hospital is
consistently rated as one of the best in the United States and is
known around the world for its outstanding care and groundbreaking
research. Duke University Hospital has 1,048 licensed inpatient
beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic
facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma center; a major
surgery suite containing 65 operating rooms; an endo-surgery
center; a separate hospital outpatient surgical department with
nine operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional
radiology area. For 2021-2022, U.S. News and World Report ranked
Duke University Hospital nationally in 11 adult specialties:
cancer, cardiology & heart surgery, diabetes & endocrinology, ear,
nose & throat, gastroenterology & GI surgery, gynecology, neurology
& neurosurgery, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology & lung
surgery, and urology. Duke University Hospital is also ranked first
in North Carolina and first in the Raleigh-Durham area. In addition
to its hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive, geographically
dispersed network of outpatient facilities that include primary
care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty clinics and
outpatient surgery centers. Duke Nursing Highlights: -
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility) -Clinical Nurse II
-- Duke University Hospital Intensive Care Nursery - Rotating
Shifts -Duke University Health System- -Duke University Hospital
-seeks to hire an Experienced RN who will embrace our mission of
-Advancing Health Together. -Department Profile:The Special Care
Nursery, -Transition Care Nursery and Intensive Care Nursery
together provide care for more than1000 infants each year. -
- Special Care and Transitional Care Nurseries are comprised of
Level II and III patients.
- Over 1000 admissions/year from southeast and worldwide.
- Nursing expertise in acute and chronic care of critically ill
- Diagnoses include extremely low birth weight infants, infants
with persistent pulmonary hypertension, congenital anomalies such
as diaphragmatic hernia, gastroschesis, neural tube defects,
genetic disorders and palliative care. -Ideal candidates will be
able to function as a part of a large multidisciplinary team in a
shared governance environment, and have a passion for developmental
and family centered care.
Candidates would complete orientation and work in the Transitional
Care and Special Care Nurseries, with the opportunity to work with
the entire Intensive Care Nursery team. - There are opportunities
for participation in multi-disciplinary committee work, and
development of specialized skills. - -
- Prefer nurses with 1 year of pediatric experience or 1 year of
adult Med/Surg experience.
- Must have 1 full year of nursing experience.
- $15,000 sign on bonus available for eligible candidates -Work
Hours & Shifts:Full Time: 3 - 12 hour shifts per week, rotating
betwee 7a-7:30p and 7p-:30a. Minimum of 2-4 weekend shifts per 4
week schedule. -What you will do:As a -Clinical Nurse II -in Duke
University Health System, you will plan and provide professional
nursing care for patients in accordance with the medical and
nursing plans of care and established policies and procedures.
Provide nursing services to patients and families in accordance
with the scope of the RN as defined by the North Carolina Board of
- Plan, provide, supervise and document professional nursing care
utilizing the nursing process for patients in accordance with
physician orders and established policies and procedures. Use
professional nursing judgment to individualize the plan of care
based on assessment of the patient's baseline needs and response to
- Delegate tasks and supervise the activities of other licensed
and unlicensed care providers.
- Assist other nursing personnel in the delivery of nursing care
and act as team leader or charge nurse for a group of patients or
an entire unit as assigned.
- Monitor and initiate corrective action to maintain the
environment of care including equipment and material
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required competencies, identifying learning needs and seeking
appropriate assistance or educational offerings.
- Act as preceptor and support the development of other staff and
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and in performance
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein. -What you can expect:
- Multitask in myriad ways - document assessments, plan of care,
interventions, evaluation and re-evaluation of patient status,
access nursing needs of acute and chronically ill patients,
independently seek out resources and work collaboratively. Educate
patients and families in accordance with the nursing plan of care.
Relationship management with patients, families, visitors,
healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
-What we will provide:
- Paid Training: -4 - 6 weeks of paid orientation depending on
level of experience.
- Opportunities for a Lifetime. Duke University Health System is
committed to providing robust learning and development from Office
of Continuing Education.
- Clinical Ladder Advancement
- Tuition Assistance
- Relocation Grant
- Employee Referral Program
- Nursing Specialty Certification Bonus -
- Performance Increases
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee
Pension plan and much more. -What you will need:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or
higher) OR Associate's Degree in Nursing OR Nursing Diploma
program. -***All registered nurses without a Bachelor's degree in
Nursing (or higher) will be required to enroll in an appropriate
BSN program within two years of their start date and to complete
the program within five years of their start date. -Licensure and
- Current registration with North Carolina State Board of Nursing
as a registered professional nurse OR current compact RN licensure
to practice in the state of North Carolina required.
- BLS Certification required - - - - Duke is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment
opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color,
disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. - Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. - Essential
Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke
University Health System may include essentialjob functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Burlington , ICU RN, Healthcare , Efland, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!