RN PATIENT SERVICES MANAGER III - CHILDREN'S SURGERY & ENDOSCOPY - UNC
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Chapel Hill
Posted on: November 15, 2018
The Pediatric Gastroenterology Division at UNC - Chapel Hill is seeking a RN Patient Service Manager IIi that manage the Pediatric Gastroenterology Division. The GI department sees approximately 9,000 outpatient visits per year. GI has 7 faculty physicians and 3 nurse practitioners, and is expected to hire new faculty by July 2019. Our new program is the only ASGME accredited pediatric GI fellowship program in North Carolina, with 1 fellow per year. Endoscopic procedures are an important diagnostic tool in managing children with GI disorders. GI performs approximately 1,200 upper and lower endoscopies annually. These include diagnostic and therapeutic procedures (hemostasis of gastrointestinal bleeding, dilation, intralesional mucosal injections, deep enteroscopy). GI performs procedures in a dedicated pediatric endoscopy room and in the operating room (OR). In addition, GI participates in research studies which include blood and tissue collection during procedures.GI collaborates with the North Carolina Children's Airway Center in aerodigestive evaluation, which includes endoscopy in the OR. . Strongly prefer 2 years of Operating Room experience. Our ideal candidate will be able to effectively communicate and possess excellent management skills. The candidate should be able to establish an environment that is patient-focused, safe and conducive to staff development, and make effective use of human, fiscal, and environment resources.This position requires experience and knowledge of the daily operations of a surgery department. Managers working in this environment need to be able to make effective decisions, analyze information, and motivate and lead others. The candidate must also need possess: Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and interpersonal skills Ability to communicate effectively with patients and staff Talent for motivating teams and individuals to accomplish goals DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Patient Care - Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients / clients and families. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning. Ensures appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix for patient care. Supervises team of professionals / paraprofessionals which may include nursing staff, health unit coordinators, nursing assistants and utility aides.
- Human Resource Management - Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
- Budget Management - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
- Accreditation Issues - Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, JCAHO, Board of Nursing and other specified accrediting bodies. Standards of practice will reflect integration of current scientific evidence.
- Quality Improvement - Leads and participates in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits.
- Education - Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff has the knowledge and skills to care for the specified patient population.
- Customer satisfaction--Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results, letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization, particularly for vulnerable or at risk populations. Schedule: 40hr/week 24 hour coverage Location: Main Hospital
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Burlington , RN PATIENT SERVICES MANAGER III - CHILDREN'S SURGERY & ENDOSCOPY - UNC, Healthcare , Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!