Certified Nursing Assist-CNA
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Certified Nursing Assist-CNA
CategoryHealthcareID2019-23075Location : NameBrookdale Burlington
MC (NC)Location : Address3619 South Mebane StreetLocation :
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect
with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the
core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards
and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a
company. Here youll find opportunities to grow your career at any
level whether you have direct contact with resident or support
someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000
associates, theres a place for you to make a difference in lives of
the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Provides direct care to residents, while promoting the residents
highest level of functioning, as directed by management. Assists in
maintaining the residents environment in a safe and neat manner.
Promotes quality services within community standards, State and
- Receives and communicates report to management on resident
status at the beginning and end of each shift and as needed.
Notifies the management of any changes in resident medical
- Provides personal care to residents per their individualized
plan of care.
- Documents all pertinent information regarding care as
- Prepares residents for meals and assists to and from the dining
areas. Assists with set up and feeding of meals.
- Assists residents with toilet and incontinent care. Makes
incontinent checks at least every 2 hours and provides incontinent
care as needed.
- Makes room checks and verifies resident location at least every
- Keeps residents rooms neat and clean.
- Performs clinical procedures according to community
- Performs vital signs, B/Ps, weights and other trained
procedures as directed by management.
- Completes prevention and restorative care that includes but not
limited to PROM, AROM, ambulation, transferring, bathing, grooming,
and all other ADL care.
- Maintains a working knowledge of Community policy & procedure
pertinent to role.
- Assists in turning, positioning, and repositioning of
- Participates actively in Interdisciplinary Team Process
including completing assessments and documentation as assigned.
Attends care plan meetings as assigned. Acts as resident
- Communicates effectively with the residents, families,
visitors, members of the health care team, and other
- Actively participates in Community Quality Assurance
Performance Improvement Program.
- Maintains education development to include attending ongoing
education development to maintain compliance with State and Federal
Regulations and current knowledge of resident care
- Maintains resident confidentiality.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Certification of completing an approved Certified Nursing Assistant
is required. Six months experience in long term care is
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Successful completion of State C.N.A. course.
Makes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines
with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved
with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a
Knowledge and Skills
Has a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal
instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few
repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the
organization in order to answer basic questions. Must have working
knowledge of facility emergency procedures including fire and
disaster drills. Ability to follow facility policies. Ability to
maintain resident confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA policies.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Schedule: Regular Full-Time
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Burlington , Certified Nursing Assist-CNA, Healthcare , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!