Company: Biodesix, Inc.
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Biodesix is a leading diagnostic company with a focus in lung
disease. The Company develops diagnostic tests addressing important
clinical questions by combining multi-omics through the power of
artificial intelligence. Biodesix is the first company to offer six
non-invasive tests for patients with diseases of the lung. Biodesix
launched the SARS-CoV-2 ddPCR test and the Platelia SARS-CoV-2
Total Ab in response to the global pandemic and virus that impacts
the lung and causes COVID-19. The blood-based Biodesix Lung Reflex
strategy for lung cancer patients integrates the GeneStrat and
VeriStrat tests to support treatment decisions with results in 72
hours, expediting time to treatment. The blood-based Nodify Lung
nodule risk assessment testing strategy consisting of the Nodify
XL2 test and the Nodify CDT test evaluates the risk of malignancy
in incidental pulmonary nodules, enabling physicians to better
triage patients to the most appropriate course of action. Biodesix
also collaborates with many of the world's leading biotechnology
and pharmaceutical companies to solve complex diagnostic challenges
in lung disease. For more information about Biodesix, please visit
We are seeking CONTRACT mobile phlebotomists in your area to
collect samples in patient homes or work places via nasal swab or
venipuncture. This position may include collecting samples for
SARS-CoV-2 as well as drawing samples for blood-based tests that
leverage genomics and proteomics to uncover individualized insights
about tumor biology. Testing for COVID-19 diagnosis will be for
persons without symptoms or those who have already recovered from
the disease. Virtual training will be provided for all sample types
and kits. Please indicate your willingness to collect for
SARS-CoV-2 testing in your application.
NOTE: This is a contract position, and payment will be remitted
within 30 days of invoice.
* All kits and draw supplies (needles, tourniquet, tubes etc.)
* PPE including masks, face shields, and gowns available as needed
depending on which test is being collected.
* Reliable transportation as samples are collected at the patient's
home or place of work.
* Must provide own gloves and sharps container and have access to
appropriate disposal service.
* Access to smart phone, scanner, and printer to receive orders and
* Adequate process for receipt and destruction of PHI as
* Contact and schedule each patient within 24 hours.
* Communicate with the office regarding scheduling, patient issues
or draw complications.
* Specimen collection adhering to kit instructions precisely to
ensure accurate testing.
* Samples packed and shipped same day using FedEx shipping number
provided by company.
* Prompt invoicing of draws for payment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Excellent phlebotomy skills including venipuncture and
nasopharyngeal swab collection.
* A minimum of one full year of phlebotomy occurring within the
last 3 calendar years.
* Professional verbal and written communication skills for client
communication and issue reporting.
* Ability to consistently provide respectful, compassionate care
and understanding for patients who may be undergoing treatment or
be emotionally and physically fragile due to illness.
* Ability to strictly follow established procedures and exercise
* Organized method for contacting and scheduling patients and
communicating with the office.
* Extreme preparedness and time management skills to ensure all
draws are conducted promptly.
* Technical knowledge to print, scan, upload and otherwise manage
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for this
contract position without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or veteran status.
Keywords: Biodesix, Inc., Burlington , Mobile Phlebotomist, IT / Software / Systems , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!