IT Sr. Technical Specialist
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Job Overview Note: This is a role will work with senior leadership at our parent company, LabCorp.
- Lead and participate in analysis, design, and development efforts for laboratory information systems using lean Agile best practices.
- Facilitate implementation of our software architecture standards for the entire Laboratory Systems organization.
- Collaborate with senior leadership in Corporate Ops and IT teams to design and deliver high- performance software services and applications.
- Prepare detailed technical specifications from which computer programs will be written.
- Develop, code, test, debug, and document programs.
- Analyze, review, and alter programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt new requirements.
- Learn business and technical aspects of existing applications.
- Consult with users to identify current operating procedures and clarify program objectives.
- Implement application monitoring strategies to measure success.
- Promote sharing of domain expertise and knowledge across the team.
- Mentor employees in analysis, design, development, and testing skills.
- Attract, select, and retain a talented team.
- Oversee training new and existing staff and fosters teamwork to help them meet and/or exceed performance goals. Promotes employee growth and involvement. Education/Qualifications License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a B.S. Degree in Computer Science with 10 years of experience in related field. Experience REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of healthcare experience OR 12+ years of IT or healthcare experience required.
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful as well as SOAP service architectures.
- Expertise with Java development using Spring, Hibernate, Maven, and other frameworks.
- Familiarity of cloud based technologies such as Kubernetes, Containers, Event Streaming, and Micro-Service Architectures
- Flourish in a fast paced, iterative, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills (oral, written, and presentation) are critical to success among this company of talented individuals
- Strong proficiency and experience in developing/managing large projects.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate the ability to be focused and results oriented.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills. Ideal candidate would have experience with cloud based technologies such as Kubernetes, Containers, Event Streaming, and Micro-Service Architectures
Keywords: Covance, Burlington , IT Sr. Technical Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!