Software Architect Sr
Company: PNC Financial Services Group
Posted on: June 20, 2019
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive
advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering
the best experience for our customers. As a Software Architect Sr.
within PNC's ALM Risk organization, you will be based in
Relocation assistance may be available for the for the selected
This position requires specialized skills and experience with SAS
grid, big data platforms and technologies such as Hadoop, Python,
At PNC, we are building our advanced computation and analytics
platforms to support CECL implementation and we are seeking a Sr.
Application/ Data Architect who can:
- Experience in migrating systems to Cloud Environment (AWS, GCP,
- Experience in software compliance working in a highly regulated
environment dealing with PII/ MNPI financial data
- Experience architecting and implementing API and integration
technologies in a distributed, server-based, enterprise-class
environment using a combination of technologies such as REST, SOAP,
- Experience with cloud hosting, architectural principles in
security, distributed computing, and DevOps experience, such as:
Linux Administration, Git, Chef, Puppet, Maven, Ansible
- Expertise in Java and Java Enterprise (JEE) technology
applications architecture, design, development and support
- Deep understanding of factors influencing performance of
microservices at multiple layers including network, CPU
utilization, JVM tuning, memory management, thread management,
database connection pooling and query performance
- Experience with Big Data principles in a NoSQL domain as well
as relational databases: Druid, Elastic, Hadoop, Spark, Hive and
- Experience with data reporting and data visualization
- Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of
Database and/or Analytics Systems development and deployment
experience, IT systems and engineering experience, security and
compliance experience, etc.
- Possess significant experience of software development and/or
IT and implementation/consulting experience.
- MS with 5+ years of industry experience or Bachelors with 10+
years of experience in Quantitative field (Computer Science,
Electrical/ Computer engineering, Financial Engineering,
Mathematics, Statistics, Physics)
- 5+ years of enterprise-level scripting experience using
languages (e.g. Python), or statistical/mathematical software (e.g.
- Highly skilled in data and math/statistical methods (i.e.
- 5+ years of experience in database technologies: Oracle,
Cassandra, or Mongo
- 4+ years of experience with DevOps, continuous integration,
test automation, Git flow
- Experience tuning databases including query tuning, performance
optimization, and diagnostics gathering. Knowledge of foundation
infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and
- Direct experience with relevant technologies and concepts:
micro services, distributed systems, SaaS at scale, private/public
cloud, MDA, EIA, etc
- Experience with high-volume SaaS applications that manage data
and traffic at massive, IoT Scale
- 4+ years of experience with statistical analysis techniques
including linear regression/least squares, experimental design,
hypothesis design, confidence intervals, t-test etc.
- Experience in processing, filtering, and presenting large
quantities (Millions to Billions of rows) of data
- 4+ years of experience in Google Cloud or Azure
- Certification in AWS or database administration
- Experience working with Financial, Insurance domains
- Strongly prefer Experience in Data Science, Machine Learning,
and/or Deep Learning
- Strongly prefer Experience in programming in languages such as
Python, R, Java, or C/C+
- Experience with containerized solutions
- Leads in the overall design of cross-functional,
multi-platform, and Web-based application systems; oversees all
application system processes.
- Develops application architecture and blueprints aimed at
reflecting enterprise business logic.
- Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and
development tools. Directs mapping activities on specific
- Provides technical guidance to application development teams.
Consults on integration and conversion activities.
- Conducts reviews, and analyses organizational needs and goals
to develop and implement applications.
Core CompetenciesManages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated
with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities
are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs
and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business
decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating
customized customer solutions.
Job Specific CompetenciesProducts and Services - Extensive
- Knowledge of major products and services and product and
service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to
Industry Knowledge - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends,
directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and
trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools
and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
Analytical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective
analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of
organizational problems and create alternative solutions that
resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
IT Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design and improve organizational
IT structures and blueprints in order to better support business
operations and efficiently achieve organizational objectives.
Platform Architecture - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies and methods to design processing
mechanisms and roadmaps to execute business application systems;
ability to design these roadmaps and deploy supportive interfaces
for end-users to access related systems, in accordance with
standards and processes.
Service Oriented Architecture Technologies - Extensive
- Knowledge of the technologies used to enable excellent IT
service for business clients; ability to develop, implement and
support a variety of such technologies.
Software Process Improvement (SPI) - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of formal software process improvement disciplines,
and ability to assess and improve the quality and operating costs
associated with an existing application.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college
degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, PhD, or
certifications is desirable. Industry relevant experience is
typically 8+ years. Specific certifications are often required. In
lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and
experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons
regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or
other categories protected by law
Keywords: PNC Financial Services Group, Burlington , Software Architect Sr, IT / Software / Systems , Charlotte, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!