Test Automation Engineer/Jr. Software Developer
Posted on: November 29, 2019
LabCorp is seeking a Test Automation Engineer/Jr. Software
Developer for its Burlington, NC location. This highly technical
position will be responsible for identifying, planning and
executing test automation activities in an Agile/Scrum environment
while ensuring high quality software and ensure compliance
according to regulatory statutes, policies and procedures. Create
test automation scripts for GUI applications, including
Java/.Net/VB, Web Services/APIs and custom-designed automated
solutions. Perform manual testing as needed to understand
application processes and workflows in order to convert into
automated test scripts. Create and maintain automated test scripts
in defined repository, integrate scripts into the continuous
delivery pipeline and provide output reporting for test execution
runs. Manage and organize test data and perform data analysis.
Develop and maintain quality repositories to assure quality data
integrity, including IBM DB2, Oracle and Sybase database platforms.
Communicate QA risks, milestones, and status to the QA lead or
Project Manager. Review and verify functional and system
requirements to ensure project deliverables pass QA criteria.
Provide work estimates for testing activities. Assist in the setup
and maintenance of QA test environment and tools. Collect and
report on quality statistics and metrics. Record and monitor
discovered defects and QA related issues. Participate in quality
related discussions. Promote continuous improvement and improve
test cycle duration through the use of testing tools.
In addition, the job requirements for Test Automation Engineer/Jr.
* Self-managing with the ability to control the analysis and
quality processes throughout the software lifecycle while
continuously driving quality into the overall work process.
* Ability to project, schedule and track assigned tasks or tasks of
others; able to determine scope and provide input to manage work
effort, project resourcing and risks as required.
* Design, develop and implement test automation framework using
automation tools such as Rational Integration Tester (RIT),
ReadyAPI/Postman, Selenium scripting
* Execute manual scripts and convert into automated test scripts
(service and UI).
* Experience setting up virtualized services/automated scripts to
interface with databases or other data sources
* Experience testing and interfacing with middleware components
such as message queue layer, ETL transfers, OSB/ESB, IIB
* Experience implementing automate capabilities on various
platforms (Mainframe- MUMPs, Cache, VB, .NET, Java, etc.)
* Experience building custom automated solutions (java programs,
scripts, etc.) that interface/simulate lab
* Software development coding skills on various platforms
(Java/J2EE, .NET, VB, Unix scripting, etc.)
* Experience in Java Servlets, JSP, EJB (session Beans and Message
Driven Beans), JMS, JDBC, Frameworks (Struts, spring, Hibernate,
JSF) in Implementing web based and enterprise solutions
* Service Oriented Testing Tools (ReadyAPI/SOAP NG, XML WSDL
* Back end validation of DB2, Oracle, Big Data Platforms and SQL
* Experience working with AWS technology
* Provide peer support, Production support during normal or
* Bachelor's degree (or higher) or equivalent in Electrical or
Electronics Engineering, Computer Science.
* 5-7 years hands-on Automation or Development experience.
* Experience using both Agile and Waterfall testing
* Ability to analyze complex processes and systems, identify test
automation opportunities and implement effective solutions.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
* Must be able to work independently in the absence of
* Experience in the healthcare industry is a plus but not
* Experience with various application types (mainframe, web based,
client/server, COTS, services, etc.).
* Ability to provide detailed testing documentation to
developers/automation engineers in clear concise method.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: LabCorp, Burlington , Test Automation Engineer/Jr. Software Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!