CNA - 3p-11p M-F
Company: Twin Lakes Community
Posted on: May 3, 2021
JOB TITLE: CNA
DEPARTMENT: Coble Creek
REPORTS TO: Director of Nursing
HOURS: 2nd shift: 3pm - 11pm - Monday - Friday
The CNA provides medical and physical care to the residents of
the household to meet their daily needs and enable them to function
at the highest possible level. While this care is provided under
the leadership of a professional nurse, the caregiver is the
residents closest advocate in the household. The caregiver promotes
the residents' psychosocial well-being through meaningful
relationship building, and works with the household team to meet
other social service needs of the resident and of the household,
always providing support, friendship and kindness for each of the
household members. The caregiver plans and facilitates social
activities for residents of the household which provide meaningful
ways to spend time as recreation, exercise, relationship building
and fun. The caregiver also supports the household homemaker in
maintaining a clean safe household environment and in caring for
the residents personal laundry. All caregiver tasks are performed
in accordance with current standards, guidelines and regulations
and in a safe and efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attends to all resident personal hygiene and personal care
needs, including but not limited to grooming, hygiene, dining and
nutritional, mobility, elimination, psychosocial and safety needs.
Organizes all supplies necessary to complete the tasks. Supports
residents in self care, and provides care as necessary for those
unable to care for their own needs. Follows universal precautions,
proper infection control, sanitation and safety standards of
practice in all work and activities.
- Provides restorative therapy under the leadership of therapy
professionals and in accordance with the residents functional
- Observes residents closely, identifying changing needs and
conditions at first indication, and reports immediately to
- Participates actively in the residents plan of care, serving as
the residents' closest advocate in directing their care and
honoring their preferences.
- Consistently works with all household team members, led by
resident and family preference to meet the needs and desires of all
- Continually seeks opportunities to meet residents psychosocial
needs through both care planned and spontaneous actions.
- Plans and organizes social activities for individual residents,
small groups and for the household, making any necessary
arrangements to assure success of the activity.
- Seeks opportunities throughout the day to facilitate
spontaneous activities of resident choice and household preference;
accompanies resident in all activities of choice.
- Maintains equipment, games, and supplies for use in supporting
resident and household activity choices.
- Maintains appropriate documentation in support of social
service and activity functions in the household.
- Maintains clean spaces in the household, including resident
rooms, household common spaces, as well as support spaces and
- Maintains supply of all materials to meet resident needs in the
- Supports all aspects of the household environment, including
pets, plants, children, visitors and guests, facilitating all
planned and spontaneous needs and activities.
- Coordinates work with the household homemaker to ensure the
personal laundry needs of the resident are met within the staffing
resources of the household.
- May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the
nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job
Education and/or Experience:
Graduate of a state approved program for nursing assistants.
Competency evaluated, tested and registered with the state.
- High school graduate or GED preferred, but not required.
- 2+ years in a Skilled Nursing Facility and dementia experience
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
North Carolina Certified Nurse Aide One
Keywords: Twin Lakes Community, Burlington , CNA - 3p-11p M-F, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!