Posted on: May 3, 2021
The process and operations engineer has a broad range of
activities and responsibilities that are important to process
development of additive manufacturing:
- The ability to run additive manufacturing machines correctly
and clearly document information.
- Review and interpret 3D data and provide feedback to design
engineers regarding DFAM
- Generate AM build layouts and deliver high build success
- Analyze and understand additive manufacturing build failure
events, create PDCA for future builds
- Create test planning and failure reports.
- Develop knowledge base and understanding for in-situ monitoring
of AM machine; collaborate data and information with quality and
process engineering teams.
- Setup, manage, and maintain operation of additive manufacturing
- The ability to operate different types of equipment such as:
wire EDM, band saw, CNC machines and hand tools.
- Participate in meetings and effectively communicate with
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace
Engineering, similar discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with additive manufacturing principles and welding
- Experience with CAD software and interpretation of engineering
specifications/drawings is preferred.
- Strong hands-on ability and critical thinking skills.
- Willingness to balance hands on work (in the lab) and
engineering work (at the desk).
- Ability to follow directions and standard operating
- Ability to troubleshoot system issues and report detail to
- Ability to generate a strategy and independently think without
input from supervisors
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail and
- Oral and written communication skills including proficiency in
MS Office software.
- Ability to lift >25lbs
- Some domestic travel is expected for training.
Keywords: Honda, Burlington , Engineer, Other , burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!