Posted on: July 17, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do - Winston Salem, Davidson area
As a chaplain at Amedisys hospice, you will have the opportunity to
provide spiritual care services to patients/families/caregivers,
either directly or through the coordination of care with other
spiritual counselors during the end-of-life stage. As a chaplain
you may provide bereavement, funeral and memorial services for
patients and caregivers of varied faiths and beliefs.
- Represents a spiritual presence and connection with the
religious/spiritual roots of the hospice movement.
- Provides a constant reminder to hospice workers that, beyond
the physical and emotional support given, patients may desire to
have spiritual resources of their choosing.
- Serves as a spiritual resource to team members and assists them
in their growth or in dealing with their grief.
- Documents the patient and/or family's religious/spiritual needs
and resources on the intake/assessment form and completes progress
notes in the patient's chart following each contact.
- Raises, when appropriate in a patient care conference, the
possibility of spiritual needs of the patient and family and
- Provides, when invited, direct spiritual counsel, prayer and
sacraments to patients and their families.
- Interfaces with the patient/family's own clergyman, rabbi or
congregation, if requested.
- Encourages patients and families to plan the funeral, wills,
requests, obituaries and interment in advance. Remains available to
officiate at funeral services if requested.
- Present at time of death, if requested.
- Provides literature and spiritual resources that may be of
assistance to patients and families.
- Participates in the patient/family problem-oriented care
- Ordained and endorsed minister, priest, rabbi or a member of a
religious order preferred or lay person with certified training in
pastoral care. Professional experience in a religious agency or
institution may be considered in lieu of a formalized
- One (1+) year of experience in a health care setting or with
death and dying.
- Comfort working in an interfaith setting.
- Must be familiar with general use an functions of the computer,
such as user names and password concepts; internet; email;
navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using
files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool
bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training
- Graduate of accredited seminary or school of theology
(Bachelors of Divinity, Masters of Divinity or equivalent
theological degree or training).
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Burlington , Hospice Chaplain, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!