Posted on: July 20, 2021
Labcorp is recruiting a Data Architect for a dynamic team in
either RTP or Burlington, NC. This person will help lead the
company's Data Modeling and Data Assessment efforts, as well as
help extend the Data Architecture best practice in the areas of
Standards Definition, Data Quality, and Lifecycle Management.
In support of Labcorp's strategic pillars to focus on customers
and to digitize and embed analytics in our systems. The Data
Architect plays a key role in facilitating data requirements for
migration mapping, data validation and management of logical and
physical database structure.
Summary of Position
Labcorp is looking for a hands-on data analyst, modeler, and
technologist who has deep experience in logical and physical
design, database structures, advanced SQL, and collaboration skills
to work with Business Owners and Development teams to develop and
document deep knowledge of data and its information flow through
- The Data Architect will develop a detailed knowledge of the
data required for his/her assigned systems, and become the subject
matter expert on content, semantics, tiering, and the quality and
interrelationship between core elements of assigned repositories
and other Enterprise Data.
- The Data Architect will work closely with development teams to
come up with new conceptual and logical data models, collaborating
heavily with Business Analysts and Application Developers to come
up with models that not only work logically, but also implement
- The Data Architect will design and implement scripts,
databases, and analyses that will support product quality and an
in-depth understanding of the data.
- The Data Architect will work closely with the team in creating
and implementing standards, data quality disciplines, and lifecycle
- The Data Architect will research data issues that affect
Production products, assisting in the resolution of data-related
- The Data Architect will understand the data quality challenges
in his assigned applications and work with the Development teams to
- The Data Architect will coordinate the ILM effort for his/her
applications, working with the BAs, development team, and Analytics
groups to define the ILM strategy and the retention policy.
- This individual will possess a combination of business
knowledge, technical skills, and people skills to define and guide
data design for individual applications and the Enterprise.
Specific Areas of Focus Include:
- Performs a key role in the areas of advanced data techniques,
including data modeling, data access, data integration, data
discovery, database design and implementation.
- Enforces and Extends the standards that have been set by the
Data Architecture group
- Creates conceptual, logical and physical data models that make
use of those standards
- Has a deep understanding of the semantics behind the assigned
products/applications, and includes these definitions in data
- Researches publicly available data that might be needed to
supplement application data and coordinates any needed purchases
with LabCorp peers.
- Provides data solutions when data is needed from other
applications via Services, Views, MVs, or other processes.
- Participates in team meetings to define standards, work through
issues or gaps, setup collaborations with other teams such as the
DBA or ETL groups, and related activities
- Documents any discussions or design decisions on the Data
- Ability to translate broader business initiatives into clear
designs, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient,
- Develops specific metrics for quality and consistency reviews
of data within his/her purview
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize,
analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with
attention to detail and accuracy
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Data Architect, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!