Research Associate I - DNA Testing Procedures
Posted on: October 3, 2021
The DNA Identity Testing Division, part of the LabCorp Specialty
Testing Group has an exciting opportunity for a Research
Associate. This position will be part of the Research and
Development team that partakes in the development and optimization
of DNA testing procedures for HLA testing, cell
line authentication, and paternity testing. The position will focus
on developing Next Generation Sequencing tests for PacBio and
Illumina platforms. Other methods include, but not limited to,
Sanger sequencing, qPCR, Enzyme Immunoassay, probe capture and
- Conduct research on R&D projects with limited oversight
through the development process and transfer optimized and
developed products to the HLA testing laboratory.
- Write standard operating procedures and validations.
- Aid in developing and suggesting experimentation plans.
- Work closely with R&D director, project manager and other
scientific staff in a team environment.
- Support operations by troubleshooting and optimizing
- Analyze, critique, and interpret results.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensible experimental notes.
- Read primary scientific literature to help develop and
- Give presentations to colleagues.
- Generate data sufficient to be included in patent or
- Coach and assist laboratory staff on newly developed
- B.S. in Biology or Chemistry with 2-7 years of relevant
experience or M.S. in Biology or Chemistry. Previous experience in
molecular techniques, including DNA sequencing, DNA isolation, PCR,
or capture probe assays.
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing.
- Familiarity with HLA testing, laboratory automation or
bioinformatics highly desired
- Experience with assay design and assay performance
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Research Associate I - DNA Testing Procedures, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!