Robotics and Data Analysis Research Associate
Posted on: October 3, 2021
The Research and Development Department has an exciting
opportunity for a Robotics and Data Analysis Research
Associate. This position will be lead on data analysis and
automation of assays under development for the R&D DNA
Identification team. Specifically, the role will partake in the
development and optimization of robotic automation programs for
operational implementation of new assays on multiple platforms.
Outside of automation, the position will also be centered around
data analysis for HLA testing, cell line authentication, paternity
testing, as well as other DNA, RNA, and antibody based assays
including Sanger sequencing, qPCR, Enzyme Immunoassay, STR, and
next generation sequencing.
- Work with other DNA Identification R&D team members on
automation of new assays and analysis of complex data sets.
- Conduct research on analytics and automation projects with
limited oversight through the development process and transfer
optimized and developed products to operations.
- Work closely with R&D director, and other scientific staff
in a team environment.
- Analyze and process complex biological data using available
data analysis tools.
- Write simple scripts for NGS or large data set
- Team lead on software and other IT R&D projects.
- Read primary scientific literature to help develop and
- Give presentations to colleagues.
- Generate reports sufficient for submission to peer-reviewed
- Coach and assist laboratory staff on newly developed
- Occasional wet bench work to support robotic
- Optional laboratory based projects.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree with a minimum of 5
years' relevant experience in R & D (or equivalent experience); or
Masters of Science degree with 2 years' relevant experience.
- Interest in programming and repairs of laboratory automation
equipment, such as PerkinElmer, Tecan, or Hamilton robotic
platforms is required, experience is preferred. Training will be
- Previous experience in R, Macros, Python or any other
programming language is required.
- Prior experience of working using computer grids is beneficial
but not required
- Experience with molecular bench work such as PCR/NGS is a
- Candidates will need flexibility to work onsite as needed up to
one week or as minimally as three consecutive days in a week,
however, the majority of work schedule is remote.
- Candidates are strongly preferred from North Carolina Cities
within a maximum of 45 minutes to 1-hour commute to Burlington, NC
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Robotics and Data Analysis Research Associate, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!