Technologist/Technologist Trainee - 3rd Shift
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking
to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career
in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you
about exciting opportunities to join our team as a
Technologist/Technologist Trainee in Burlington, NE. In this
position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and
challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission
at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
The work schedule for this position will be 3rd shift (Sunday -
Thursday 10:30 pm to 7:00 am).
Candidate will be hired for the Covid Variant Testing
department but will also be supporting the HLA department when
Covid testing volume decreases.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according
to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions
according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding
testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver
quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal
- Must have a BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical
Technology, or other related science ( to include 16 hours of
biology, 16 ours of chemistry, and 3 hours of math)
- 1 year of clinical lab experience required for Technologist
- No clinical experience required for Technologist Trainee
- ASCP or AMT certification preferred (or required depending upon
department and state location)
- Ability to work independently within a team and strong
attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Must be flexible with time and adaptable to change.
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Ability to work overtime as business needs
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Technologist/Technologist Trainee - 3rd Shift, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!