IT Sr Technical Specialist - Dynatrace, Splunk, NetCool, Tivoli
Posted on: October 13, 2021
The successful job candidate will architect and implement
availability, performance, and end to end enterprise operations
monitoring, automated event correlation and analysis, notification,
escalation, and incident drill down diagnosis in a complex IT
operations environment. This person will assist in developing an
enterprise monitoring framework, selecting monitoring tools,
defining new monitoring points, creating appropriate tests, alerts,
and building operational dashboards. This will include monitoring
product administration responsibilities to include architecting for
growth and scaling for the environment, sizing new and existing
environments, user and security administration for monitoring
- Possess experience in evaluating, recommending, and
implementing monitoring tools, standards, and processes including
monitoring tool architecture, deployment, integration, and
maintenance with multi-vendor tool suites.
- Requires practical knowledge of transaction processing,
application development, systems administration, and web
infrastructure (web services, trend analysis, etc.).
- Practical experience in APM working with application &
infrastructure teams to define / interpret monitoring /alerting
requirements for managing end user experience, fault isolation, and
proactive environment health management including alerting,
analysis, and reporting using Dynatrace One Agent. A deep knowledge
of Dynatrace One Agent will be a bonus.
- Experience with Splunk operational monitoring with a focus on
log file event standardization, filtering, detection, correlation,
alerting, reporting, and dashboarding along with user and security
- Practical experience and proven knowledge of the Tivoli
monitoring tool to include new installations, upgrades, license
management, agent deployments, both application and product problem
analysis/resolution, reporting, trending, and dashboarding.
- Requires knowledge of incident management tools, preferably
ServiceNow, for ticketing, change control, and use of the CMDB.
Experience integrating other products into Service Now is a
- Must have proven understanding of underlying technologies --
i.e., operating systems (UNIX, Linux, and Windows), networks, and
databases. Prefer but do not require systems engineering
- General knowledge of coding practices with the ability to write
code and scripts used in integrations of products and creating
one-off alerts as well as creating and understanding synthetic
- This person will create training plans and materials, organize
the classes, and implement user training and lead user
- Actively mentor technical skill development within the
Enterprise Systems Monitoring (ESM) team.
- Effective communication skills with all internal personnel and
appropriately engaging vendor resources. ? Expected to participate
in on-call support.
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new tools and
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills and the
ability to facilitate the resolution of complex issues with
- Excellent presentation, verbal, and written communication
- Product knowledge of Dynatrace, Splunk, NetCool, and Tivoli as
well as using ServiceNow, the CMDB, ticketing, PagerDuty (or
similar), AI will be preferred
License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a B.S.
Degree in Computer Science with 10 years of experience in related
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , IT Sr Technical Specialist - Dynatrace, Splunk, NetCool, Tivoli, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!