Esoteric Microbiology Technologist Trainee- Entry Level, Will Train!
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionAre you an experienced Medical Lab Professional?
Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or
start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to
speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a
Technologist Trainee in Burlington, NC. -In this position you will
work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging
environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp:
"Improving Health, Improving Lives". The Esoteric Microbiology
Department is one of the largest laboratories of its type in the
United States. We perform a variety of bacterial, fungal, and
mycobacterial cultures, antigen detection assays, molecular assays,
and susceptibility testing for yeast and mycobacteria using manual
and semi-automated methods. The work schedule for this position
will be 1st Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according
to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions
according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding
testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver
quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal
protective equipment Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or
a related science
- 1 year of clinical lab experience required at the Technologist
- Ability to work independently within a team and strong
attention to detail
- Strong organization skills
- Must be flexible with time and adaptable to change.
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Ability to work overtime as business needs Labcorp is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity Employer: As an EOE/AA employer, the
organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due
to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal
data, please see our - -
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Esoteric Microbiology Technologist Trainee- Entry Level, Will Train!, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!