Relationship Banker - Church Street
Company: American National Bank and Trust Co.
Posted on: June 21, 2022
The Relationship Banker is responsible for all customer service
duties, sales, and relationship management activities while
reaching or exceeding established goals. The Relationship Banker
masters the delivery process and possesses full knowledge of the
Bank's products and services, thereby developing customer
relationships by performing the following essential
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all American National Bank
products, services, procedures, policies and appropriate regulatory
issues relating to daily job functions including but not limited
to: Bank Secrecy Act; Privacy; Fair Lending; Regulation E; deposit,
transaction and loan accounts.
- Continually demonstrates a helpful, professional, friendly
attitude and is committed to the high customer service standards
expected at American National Bank.
- Serves as customers' single point of contact on all American
National Bank products and services.
- Identifies and matches customer product needs with American
National Bank products and services by interviewing customers and
discussing their financial needs including making referrals to
other staff members and departments to ensure customer needs are
- Follows proper procedures accurately and efficiently for all
customer-servicing activities performed.
- Consistently meets performance goals and actively participates
in all sales campaigns.
- Opens new accounts, certificates of deposit, and all other
ancillary products offered by the bank; answers customer questions,
provides account opening information, and ensures that proper
paperwork is completed and entered on the computer system.
- Ensures that branch adheres to all the Bank safe deposit box
- Services customers by processing a variety of transactions
quickly with minimal or no errors according to established American
National Bank policies and procedures; including but not limited
to: accepting checks for cash and deposit; accepting and process
payments for loans and other services.
- Issues cashier's checks and process coin, assessing appropriate
fees for all services.
- Verifies all transactions, places holds as appropriate and
proofs cash drawer upon completion of assigned shift to ensure
compliance with American National Bank standards policies. Seeks
assistance as needed to resolve proof discrepancies.
- Assists with ATM balancing procedures and night deposit
- Performs security function by opening and closing bank and
vault, and ensuring overall safety and security of bank
- Retains existing customers and develops new customer
- Implements all sales strategies, including new products and
services developed by management.
- Handles customer complaints or questions and determines whether
manager input is needed.
- Participates in all meetings, bank functions and customer
appreciation/community involvement functions as requested/assigned
- Works in a team setting on various projects including employee
contests, sales programs, etc.
- Adheres to established standards, policies and procedures.
- Delivers strong community visibility.
- Assists branch management and peers with administrative
- Variable Hours Monday-Friday to cover business needs. May be
required to work Saturday hours for specific markets. Regularly 40
hours with overtime possible. Shifts may begin as early as 7:40am
and end as late as 6:30pm depending on location. Multiple locations
may be assigned within a day or week as business needs
- Must be able to drive and possess a current driver's
- Must successfully complete required training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Self-development: pursues additional education to improve
knowledge as it relates to the position, compliance, and the Bank
in general. Acceptable sources of continuing training and education
are seminars, industry conferences, approved e-learning courses,
in-house programs, or selected vendor programs.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Experience mastering job specific software and hardware
- Customer confidentiality
- Passion for customer service with professional etiquette
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven sales skillsPHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and
talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and
walk. The employee is occasionally required to stop, kneel or
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- 1 year of business or retail experience required.PM21The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of
work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so
classified.American National Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status.PI180138031
Keywords: American National Bank and Trust Co., Burlington , Relationship Banker - Church Street, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!