Techno Trainee *Will Train* 2nd shift
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking
to looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start
your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak
with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a
Technologist in Burlington NC. In this position you will work in a
fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will
be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: -Improving Health,
Improving Lives-. The DNA HLA (Human Leukocyte Antigen) processes
samples for purposes that include paternity testing and bone marrow
matching. Assays performed in our department utilize both automated
and non-automated high complexity testing including DNA
preparation, PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction), and Sequencing. The
work schedule for this position will be 2nd shift (Monday-Friday
3:30 pm-12:00 am) Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according
to established criteria.
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions
according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures Monitor,
operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding
testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver
quality patient care Perform and document preventive maintenance
and quality control procedures Identify and replenish testing bench
supplies as necessary.
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed.
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal
protective equipment. Education/Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or
a related science.
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is
required for Technologist level.
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee
level ASCP or AMT certification is preferred.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information
systems are a plus High level of attention detail along with strong
communication and organizational skillsMust be able to pass a
standardized color vision screen Flexibility to work overtime or
other shifts depending on business needs If you're looking for a
career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development,
professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference,
apply today!Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:As
an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its
employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color,
religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender
identity, disability or veteran status.For more information about
how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Techno Trainee *Will Train* 2nd shift, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!