Senior Technologist for DNA- HLA
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Are you looking for a career that offers opportunities for
growth, continual development, professional challenge, and the
chance to make a real difference? Are you an experienced Medical
Lab Professional or desire to start your career in Medical Lab
Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting
opportunities to join our team as a Technologist in Burlington, NC.
In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused,
and challenging environment. The DNA HLA (Human Leukocyte Antigen)
processes samples for purposes that include paternity testing and
bone marrow matching. Assays performed in our department utilize
both automated and non-automated high complexity testing including
DNA preparation, PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction), and Sequencing.
We are open to entry and senior level technologist candidates.
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or
other related science is required
- 4+ years of clinical lab testing experience
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment.
- Color blindness testing required
- Ability to work independently within a team and strong
attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills.
- Must be flexible with time and adaptable to change.
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen.
- Ability to work overtime as business needs. The working
schedule for this position will be: 1st shift, Monday-Friday,
8:00am-4:30pm. Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according
to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions
according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures to include:
spotting, probing, developing, phoretix/result entry, Transplant
SBT bench, Primary SBT bench, reading SBT electropherograms
Operating genetic analyzers
- Result interpretation Demonstrate the ability to make technical
decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance and quality control with
appropriate documentation and communication.
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed.
- Maintain a safe environment/wear appropriate personal
protective equipment as designated by lab areaLabcorp is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity Employer:As an EOE/AA employer, the
organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due
to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran
status.For more information about how we collect and store your
personal data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Senior Technologist for DNA- HLA, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!