Veterans Preferred - Care Coordinator
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Military Veterans are Encouraged to Apply. - We're unique. You
should be, too.
We're changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team
members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your
work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with
your kindness and joy?
We're different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly
expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Care Coordinator is a highly visible customer service and
patient-focused role. The incumbent in this role works directly
with our patient population and their families, insurance
representatives and outside vendors, physicians, clinicians and
other medical personnel to ensure the referral process runs
smoothly. He/She operates in a dynamic and professional environment
to ensure the highest level of quality healthcare is delivered to
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and processes patient referrals to completion with
precision, detail and accuracy.
Definition of completion:
- Prioritizes HPP patients in Primary Care Physicians panel,
stats, expedites and orders over 5 days.
- Orders have been approved (when needed).
- Schedules patient (Preferred Providers List of Specialist) and
notifies them of appointment information, including, date, time,
- Uses Web IVR to generate authorizations (Availity, Careplus,
Healthhelp NIA and any other approved web IVR for authorization
- Completes orders with proper documentation on where patient is
scheduled and how patient was notified.
- Referrals have been sent to specialist office & confirmed
- Prepares and actively participates during physician/clinician
daily huddles utilizing RITS Huddle Portal and huddle guide.
Effectively communicates the physicians/clinicians needs or
outstanding items regarding to patients.
- Enters all Inpatient and Outpatient elective procedures in HITS
- Ensures patient's external missed appointment are rescheduled
and communicated to the physician/clinician.
- Participates in Super Huddle and provides updates on high
priority patients referrals.
- Addresses referral based phone calls for Primary Care
- Completes and addresses phone messages within 24 hours of
- Checks out patients based on their assigned
physician/clinician. (Note: If assigned Care Coordinator is
unavailable at the time of check out, a colleague shall assist
patient. This process does not apply to Care Specialist)
- Retrieves consultation notes from the consult tracking
- Follows up on all Home Health and DME orders to ensure patient
receives services ordered.
- Provide extraordinary customer service to all internal and
external customers (including patients and other
- ChenMed Medical team members) at all times. Utilization of
patient messaging tools.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, CPT, HCPCS and ICD coding
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task. Must be open to
cross-functionally training in referrals and back office
- Able to exercise proper phone etiquette with the ability to
navigate proficiently through computer software systems
- Team-oriented with the ability to work extremely well with
patients, colleagues, physicians and other personnel in a
professional and courteous manner
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to
effectively prioritize and timely complete tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, database, and presentation
- Ability and willingness to travel locally within the market up
to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English; Bilingual a plus
We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and
changing America's healthcare for the better. Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we
hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career
development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our
employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow.
Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every single
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience in customer
service, patient referrals, and/or insurance verification
- Experience with Web IVRs and obtaining referrals/authorizations
for multiple payers strongly preferred
- Healthcare experience in a clinical setting, preferably within
the Medicare HMO population is a plus
- A valid, active driver's license in State of employment is
required; position may require travel within the market
- Medical Assistant certification preferred
- CPR for Healthcare Providers is preferred
Keywords: ChenMed, Burlington , Veterans Preferred - Care Coordinator, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!