Production Assistant - Burlington, NC
Posted on: November 25, 2022
About Midwest Industrial Rubber:
MIR is the premier independent, specialty fabricator and
distributor of light weight conveyor belting and accessories in
North America. MIR was founded in January 1980 in response to the
needs of manufacturing facilities to have in-plant expertise, as
well as access to products and services that minimize downtime and
increase productivity. Our focus is on providing value-added
products and services through our 23 full-service sales and
fabrication facilities located across the U.S. Our corporate
headquarters is in St. Louis, Missouri.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day shift (first shift).
- Responsible for fabrication and installation of conveyor
belting and related industrial products.
- Process orders in a safe and efficient manner and operate light
- Communicate with supervisor regarding assigned orders,
scheduling, and other production issues.
- Ensure timely shipping of belting product; receive shipments in
a timely manner and ensure delivery to correct recipient.
- Maintain shipping/receiving department with needed
- Process and maintain reports.
- Travel to various locations to install product; Occasional
overnight travel required. (We will pay for gas, meal, and hotel
while traveling overnight).
- Recognize appropriate inventory usage and report low levels to
supervisor, maintain cycle counts log, participate in once-a-year
- Possess a professional and courteous demeanor.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards work in the team
- Provide on-call assistance as required.
- High School diploma required.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Flexible schedule - ability to work occasional night and/or
- Previous industrial or production experience helpful;
mechanical inclination required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions,
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read and understand a tape measure.
- Previous forklift experience helpful, but not
- Must be able to regularly lift heavy-weight materials (75+
pounds on average).
- Occasional bending, stooping and upper body & arm rotation,
frequent pushing, pulling, sitting, standing, and reaching and some
climbing is required.
- Paid training.
- Paid time off.
- Aetna Medical Insurance - Coverage starts on DAY ONE.
- Dental and Vision Insurance.
- Long & Short-Term Disability.
- 401K with company match.
- Tuition reimbursement for Undergraduate and Graduate
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected
to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role
within the organization and the overall business objectives of the
Keywords: AMMEGA, Burlington , Production Assistant - Burlington, NC, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!