Functional Application Specialist
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Labcorp is recruiting a Functional Application Specialist for a
dynamic team in the Princeton, NJ area. This position can also
potentially be Remote based.
*GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:*
Functional Application Specialists work in their areas of expertise
to support and streamline business processes, and design the
PeopleSoft system to support those processes. - The key role of
these specialists is to lead the efficient consolidation of LabCorp
Financial Systems into one system supported by PeopleSoft with
minimal customizations to the new system.
*MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS*
* Provides business function owners with functional support and an
understanding of the PeopleSoft Accounts Payable system functions
as they relate to business functions
* Manage System Accounts Payable support cases per the team Service
* Awareness of upstream and downstream module impact and ability to
collaborate with other applications' managers to resolve end to end
* Facilitate Process Improvements for Accounts Payable -
Facilitates data gathering and design sessions; recommends
preliminary gap resolution based on business requirements and
* Foresees and facilitates resolution of risks and issues
* Anticipates and identifies opportunities to minimize system
customizations, including recommending process changes to avoid
customizing the system
* Translates business functions requirements into functional
specifications for the PeopleSoft system
* Works with IT/Technical counterpart to deliver any technical
* Assists with system configuration and testing
* Analyzes and diagnoses problems encountered within PeopleSoft and
* Designs modifications/required enhancements, and anticipates and
analyzes the impact on the rest of the system
* Provides estimates of effort and work plans associated with
* Provides guidance and review for capability developers
* Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science,
Business Administration, or related technical field.
* Minimum 5 years demonstrated expertise within specialty area.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to provide clear
messages to all levels within Labcorp.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively establish and maintain
working relationships with peers and constituents at all levels of
* Demonstrated analysis and problem-solving skills using innovative
* Strong planning, organizational and problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated a high degree of initiative and ability to work
* Proven history of successful project completion.
* Advanced degree in business, finance or other related field.
* Familiarity with FDA regulatory/systems validation requirements
* Working knowledge and experience with healthcare / drug
development industry, business functions, applications and
* Experience operating in a global, matrix organization.
* Project Management Skills
* Communications Skills
* Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
* Team Skills
* Influencing Skills
* Negotiation Skills
* Organizational Skills
* Remote Position
* 25% Travel
*Pay Range:* $66,306 to $125,228.
*Benefits: *All job offers will be -based on a candidate's skills
and prior relevant experience, applicable degrees/certifications,
as well as internal equity and market data. -Regular, full-time or
part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible
for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision,
Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time
off (FTO), Company bonus where applicable. For more detailed
information, please* -*[click
*Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:*
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion
in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination
of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal
data, please see our -[Privacy
Keywords: Labcorp, Burlington , Functional Application Specialist, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!