Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: September 11, 2019
Job #: 999999
Senior PostgreSQL Database Administrator
This Sr. PostgreSQL DBA will be responsible for building out a
large PostgreSQL Database environment on an AWS RDS/Aurora
platform. This is a 6-12 month contract to hire opportunity.
- Utilize expertise in PostgreSQL to build a new 10+TB PostgreSQL
Data Warehouse to support a new application.
- Manage all aspects of PostgresSQL database administration
including installation, configuration, upgrades, patching,
migration, capacity planning, performance tuning, backup and
- Change management including maintenance of multiple
development, test, QA, and production environments. Responsible for
deploying approved changes to production.
- Proactive database monitoring and issue resolution.
- Database optimization including performance tuning, and query
- Create and maintain appropriate documentation about the
database and the data architecture.
- Architect the PostgreSQL environment to support application
requirements including the use of read replicas, number of
connections, managing concurrency etc.
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated
monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any unplanned
- Participate in application development projects and be
responsible for the database architecture and design.
- Participate in the creation of development, staging, and
production database instances, and the migration from one
environment to another.
- Participate in developer SQL code review to ensure queries are
optimized and tuned to perform efficiently prior to production
- Establish and implement processes/automation which ensures
regular backups and recovery of databases.
- Automate and perform regular database maintenance (e.g.,
Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving, Connection pooling).
- 3+ years of concentrated PostgreSQL DBA experience.
- 6+ years of overall Database Administration experience
- Experience working on business critical databases that require
- Understanding of PostgreSQL 11 new features and their impact on
analytic queries and/or ETL processing.
Experience with AWS Aurora or AWS RDS is highly preferred but
training will be
provided if necessary
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner
status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim,
protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership,
or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our
website in search of information on employment opportunities or to
apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our
website for a search or application, please contact our Employee
Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.
Keywords: Apex Systems, Burlington , PostgreSQL DBA, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!