Sr. Hadoop Administrator
Posted on: November 29, 2019
This is Sr. Hadoop Administrator position for someone who wants to
enhance their career in Big Data Hadoop environment who is
responsible for implementation and ongoing administration of Hadoop
infrastructure on BDA. This individual is responsible to work with
cross teams such as infrastructure, security, network, database and
architecture. This job includes setting up Linux users, setting up
Kerberos principals and testing HDFS, Hive, Pig and Map Reduce
access for the new users.
* Providing expertise in provisioning physical systems for use in
* Installing and Configuring Systems for use with Cloudera
distribution of Hadoop (consideration given to other variants of
Hadoop such as Apache, MapR, Spark, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Flume,
* Administering and Maintaining Cloudera Hadoop Clusters
* Provision physical Linux systems, patch, and maintain them.
* Performance tuning of Hadoop clusters and Hadoop Map Reduce/Spark
* Management and support of Hadoop Services including HDFS, Hive,
Impala, and SPARK. Primarily using Cloudera Manager but some
* Red Hat Enterprise Linux Operating System support including
administration and provisioning of Oracle BDA.
* Answering trouble tickets around the Hadoop ecosystem
* Integration support of tools that need to connect to the OFR
Hadoop ecosystem. This may include tools like Bedrock, Tableau,
Talend, generic ODBC/JDBC, etc.
* Provisioning of new Hive/Impala databases.
* Provisioning of new folders within HDFS
* Setting up and validating Disaster Recovery replication of data
from Production cluster
License/Certification/Education: Normally requires a B.S. Degree in
Computer Science with 10 years of experience in related field.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science
* 5+ years of Hadoop experience
* Cloudera or Hadoop cluster administration experience
* Kafka adminstration experience
* Hadoop Security experience
* Sentry Intergration experience
* Active Directory experience
* General operational knowledge such as good troubleshooting
skills, understanding of system's capacity, bottlenecks, basics of
memory, CPU, OS, storage and networks.
* Must have knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems
* Knowledge in configuration management and deployment tools such
as Puppet or Chef and Linux scripting.
* Must have fundamentals of central, automated configuration
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: LabCorp, Burlington , Sr. Hadoop Administrator, Other , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!