Company: Matthews International
Posted on: January 23, 2019
Auto req ID
Regular / Temporary:
Full-Time / Part-Time:
Overall Job Summary
The Plant Controller will support the Matthews Surfaces business by analyzing and developing processes to meet all financial reporting needs of the plant. This role will act as controller over plant manufacturing operations at Frost Converting Systems, a Matthews International company located in Burlington, North Carolina. The Plant Controller develops, interprets, and implements complex financial and accounting concepts or techniques for financial planning and control.
* Maintains records of actual operating results including sales, orders, backlog, and operating profit and performs variance analysis to budget and forecast.
* Performs a wide variety of financial activities including reconciling all plant balance sheet accounts, performing month end journal entries and coding plant invoices for Accounts Payable.
* Analyzes and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor. Studies changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs.
* Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
* Develops plant budgets and conducts both a strategic review and business review on an annual basis.
* Directs physical inventories (annual and cycle counts) and coordinates with internal and external auditors.
* Manages capital budgets and expenditures, monitoring appropriation requests, and tracking actual cost and performance vs budget.
* Works closely with plant manufacturing (or operations) team to develop, implement and track profit generation and savings plans.
* Collaborates with shared services and corporate functions in Pittsburgh, PA to ensure proper transactional accounting (e.g., Treasury, A/P, A/R) and compliance (i.e., tax, internal controls, reporting)
* Supports logistics for import/export compliance, including insurance, freight and incoterm determination
* Researches and prepares economic reports on subjects such as working capital requirements, investment opportunities, investment performance, and impact of governmental requirements.
* Supervises and participates in preparing and auditing materials requiring analyses of supporting documents and insures that all entries are entered into the system properly.
* Appraises and evaluates real property or equipment for sale, acquisition, or tax purposes.
* Plans, directs, and coordinates activities of employee(s) to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished. Mentors, coaches, trains and develops team.
Qualifications / Requirements
* Bachelor s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
* Advanced degree (MBA, Master s) preferred
* 6+ years of financial and accounting experience in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
* High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
* SAP ERP experience preferred
* Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
* Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
* Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
* Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and talk, hear and see.
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Matthews International, Burlington , Plant Controller, Professions , Burlington, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!